Action Score Performance YTD And What We’re Reading by Jae Jun, Old School Value
What You’ll Learn
- Curated links and others reads
- OSV Online app news
- Separating the VIP A list email & B list email people
I know you’re busy.
With so much to read and catch up on, I’ll be sending out a weekly email with curated links of what I’m reading and doing.
I mentioned before to email subscribers that I’ve started to customize people who receive email into groups to determine who receives what.
There are people who don’t want too many emails or articles – maybe 1 a week.
And then there are others who want to hear from me everyday
The avid readers have been put into the VIP A-list and will receive additional content and information via email that nobody else receives. Don’t plan to offer the content via the blog. If you want to be in the list, make sure you are subscribed via email.
Just a way of showing my appreciation to the A list people.
People who don’t open emails too often will be placed into “B” list to receive shorter and easier content to digest. That way I don’t overwhelm you with content.
Action Score Performance YTD – Old School Value Online Updates
It’s been a few months since OSV Online was quietly rolled out and things are going great.
The virtual portfolio I created to track the top 20 Action Scores at the beginning of the year is up +10.85% (price return).
- Action Score stocks: +10.85% YTD (price return)
- Quality Score stocks: +13.65% YTD (price return)
- Value Score stocks: +2.64% YTD (price return)
- Growth Score stocks: +9.16% YTD (price return)
- S&P500: +8.4% (total return)
All current OSV Insiders are locked in to their existing rates. But prices will go up starting Oct 1 and lower tiered plans will be introduced.
If you’ve been on the fence, there isn’t a better time to check it out and see whether it will work for you.
I’ll be providing YTD results for the Action Scores and our value screeners.
Altman Z + Beneish M Score Released
Last month we added the Altman Z and Beneish M Score calculator to OSV Online. If you haven’t seen or used it, go check it out.
Altman Z Score Calculator and Analysis
The competitor comparison feature is also coming later month allowing you to compare historicals and charts side by side.
This will help you see and compare the full picture instead of assuming you know which one is better.
Compare Competitors Side by Side with Charts
That’s what’s been going on at Old School Value, now here are the links that I’ve been reading/writing.
Old School Value Articles You May Have Missed
- Upgrade Your Success with the Upside to Downside Ratio
- 60 of My Favorite Value Investing Resources You’d Be Crazy to Miss
- 15 Point Common Stock Checklist by the Father of Growth Investing
Recent Books I’ve Read
- The Everything Store (You don’t know Amazon until you’ve at least read this book)
- Zero to One (Startups, tech, competitive advantages, investor mindset)
- The Looming Tower: Al-Qaeda and 9/11 (The Muslim Brotherhood, Jihad, Al Qaeda, and ISIS. All crazy radicals… but why? I wanted to learn what triggers their actions)
- How to Win Friend and Influence People (Buffett proudly shows off his certificate from this course. Timeless classic)
What We’re Reading in the Media
- China is flooding Silicon Valley with cash. Here’s what can go wrong.
- Financials Join the Party
- Peter Thiel on the Characteristics of Monopoly
- Matt Levine Commentary on Fannie and Freddie
- Interview With A High-Frequency Trader
My Answers on Quora
- Why is Marty Whitman so respected as an investor?
- What are some good books/reading materials for a 20 year old looking to learn more about trading/investing in both stocks and other short-term and long term commodities?
- What financial ratios should I use to judge the income statement of a company?
More Coming To Your Email
Click here to sign up with your email to get special content and stay tuned to get first hand info on our YTD performance results for the Action Score stocks,