Chartered Accountants And Registered Company Auditors

Updated on

Good accounting and auditing is one of the key aspects in sustaining the profits of a company. If your company is having trouble balancing the books and having problems with your annual income reports, then it may be a good idea to hire an accountant or auditor. But as the CEO of your company, you should not just hire anyone; you have to make sure that your confidential information is in good hands. So if your company is looking for an accountant or and auditor to work on your financial reports and accounting, then look for a firm that has chartered accountants and registered company auditors. Chartered Accountants or Registered company auditors undergo training and testing in order to acquire the licenses and recognition that they now have.

Get The Timeless Reading eBook in PDF

Get the entire 10-part series on Timeless Reading in PDF. Save it to your desktop, read it on your tablet, or email to your colleagues.

Chartered Accountants and Registered Company Auditors

But why should you get a Chartered Accountant or an RCA, well for one thing only RCAs can perform Corporations Act audits in Australia. And if your accountants and auditors don’t have these qualifications they must meet minimum competency requirements to be able perform review engagements. And they can also audit FMC reporting entities in New Zealand, and if you have any businesses there then you might consider getting an RCA or a Chartered Accountant.

Chartered accountants and RCA are also individuals with great qualifications, because getting licenses and registration can be hard. Firstly one can become an RCA if you can show the Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC) that you meet the requirements of section 1280 of the Corporations Act 2001 (the Act). Chartered accountants and RCA’s need to:

  • Obtain the qualifications listed in “the Act”, or any equivalent qualifications and experiences.
  • They also should have the skills contained in an ASIC-approved competency standard. They should also acquire an equivalent number of hours of practical experience
  • Be capable and considered as a fit and proper person to be registered as an RCA.

They might be simple but don’t be fooled some accountants are not even qualified to take the exam for being a chartered accountant and RCA. And some who qualify still need to pass the test for their licensing.

So look for a firm that has chartered accountants and RCA’s, a firm like SRJ Walker Wayland. Based in Brisbane, Brendale and Caboolture, Australia they are a great partner for you if your company is based in their general area. And you can be assured that they can provide you with the best accountants and auditors that can help the financial situation of your company.

About the Author

Liz Ryan is CEO and founder of Human Workplace, a publishing, coaching, and consulting firm whose mission is to reinvent work for people. Ryan writes for 30 million readers about bringing a human voice and human energy to the business world.


Leave a Comment