People say wall street salaries are out of control, but it’s worse than many of us think. Here a look at the real wolves of Wall Street.
Wall Street Wolves: Top 5 earners
Top 5 earners, 2013 (ALL Hedge fund managers…includes percentage fees)
- $1.5 billion, James Simons, Renaissance Technologies
- $1.2 billion, Stephen Cohen, SAC Capital
- $1.2 billion, Kenneth Griffin, Citadel Investment Group
- $1.1 billion, T. Boone Pickens, B.P. Capital
- $950 million, George Soros, Soros Fund Management
The average pay of Wall Street employees, including salary and bonuses, was $360,700 in 2012 (latest statistics).
When it comes to finding future business champions, Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger have really excelled over the past seven decades. Q3 2021 hedge fund letters, conferences and more One could argue that these two individuals are some of the best growth investors of all time, thanks to their ability to spot companies like Coca-Cola Read More
Still, that’s more than 5X the average worker pay in the U.S.
$34,645: average U.S. worker salary
3%: average pay raise in 2014 for average U.S. worker (third year in a row at 3%)
The Real Wolves Of Wall Street [INFOGRAPHIC]