This Man Predicted The $TITAN Crash – And How To Solve It

0
This Man Predicted The $TITAN Crash – And How To Solve It

Like a racecar in reverse, $TITAN, the stablecoin of Titan Finance, crashed from $60 to $0 on Thursday. $2bn TVL was wiped out, including the investment of Mark Cuban. However, this was not a rug. The term “rugged by the people” has been floating round crypto Twitter: an irredeemable loss of confidence in the coin that drove the price to near zero. The people simply panicked and ran. One Defi founder – Steven Enamakel – thinks he knows why, and how to stop it.

Get The Full Series in PDF

Get the entire 10-part series on Charlie Munger in PDF. Save it to your desktop, read it on your tablet, or email to your colleagues.

Q1 2021 hedge fund letters, conferences and more

The Problem With $TITAN

The problem was under-collateralisation. 70% of the stablecoin’s value was backed by stable collateral, the other 30% was volatile $TITAN. With a few big sells, the coin lost its peg. When under peg, the coin could be bought cheaply, redeemed for the underlying collateral and the $TITAN minted by this was continually dumped on the market. It was a whale’s game, driving down the price and making a return to peg impossible. A DeFi bank run occurred – the people had “rugged” and investors couldn’t exit quickly enough.

Odey Falls -2.5% In Q2, Bets On Economic Recovery

activist short selling Investing investThe LF Brook Absolute Return Fund lost -2.52% in the second quarter of 2021, compared to a positive performance of 7.59% for its benchmark, the MSCI Daily TR Net World Index. Year-to-date the fund has returned 4.6% compared to 11.9% for its benchmark. Q2 2021 hedge fund letters, conferences and more According to a copy Read More


$TITAN

How could this have been avoided? The whole episode had been predicted by Steven, who thinks his team at MahaDAO have found the answer to stability. Mr Enamakel has been shouting from the rooftops for some time that the under-collateralisation model holds big risks in a bear market, and has urged other coins, such as $FRAX, to consider over-collateralisation. The coin would only be stable if the value of the volatile asset – in this case $TITAN – was maintained. Maha’s coin $ARTH, seeks to retain its algorithmic peg through an overcollateralised model, using organic APY’s and enticing users instead through rewards in a bonding curve sale for the genesis event on June 22nd.

TITAN

The Worrying Point

The worrying point for would-be investors is that other stablecoins seem not to have taken Steven’s warning to heart. “FRAX is a great protocol and it is quite innovative but it still suffers risks of a bank run or a Soros attack like any other undercollaterlized stablecoin”, Steven said today. “It could crash the protocol if the platform token (FXS) goes to 0. ARTH evolves from this idea of fractional reserve by being over-collateralized and allowiing the platform token (ARTHX) to help keep the protocol efficient.” With $1.10 available for redemption, the security backstop with $ARTH is set high.

TITAN

Why do we need another stablecoin? The answer is we don’t require another US dollar stablecoin: In fact, $ARTH a valuecoin. It is stable not to the dollar, but to the purchasing power of one dollar at launch. In a year’s time, your $ARTH “dollar” will be worth what one US dollar is today. For investors looking to hedge the dollar, such as Mark Cuban, that is likely to be a big deal. 40% of all dollars in existence have been printed since Bitcoin genesis, and with an expansion of the money base of $4 trillion dollars this year, the same cannot be said of the real US dollar, nor any stablecoin tied to it.

TITAN

  1. www.6hillgrovepr.com
  2. [email protected]

Previous article Chris Brown’s Short Pitch On Tesla
Next article The Impact Of Dutch Court’s Ruling On Shell
Jacob Wolinsky is the founder of ValueWalk.com, a popular value investing and hedge fund focused investment website. Jacob worked as an equity analyst first at a micro-cap focused private equity firm, followed by a stint at a smid cap focused research shop. Jacob lives with his wife and four kids in Passaic NJ. - Email: jacob(at)valuewalk.com - Twitter username: JacobWolinsky - Full Disclosure: I do not purchase any equities anymore to avoid even the appearance of a conflict of interest and because at times I may receive grey areas of insider information. I have a few existing holdings from years ago, but I have sold off most of the equities and now only purchase mutual funds and some ETFs. I also own a few grams of Gold and Silver

No posts to display