The trading dynamics of Plug Power Inc (NASDAQ:PLUG) continues to fascinate me (and fortunately, PLUG has been good to me). Let me pose a simple series of questions/thoughts to illustrate why PLUG continues to fascinate and perplex me:
- Historically significant news is not being released daily, yet Plug Power Inc (NASDAQ:PLUG)’s shares trade as if this were the case (recently, PLUG has traded 30-100%+ of its market cap… DAILY).
- I know many $500-1,000 million market cap stocks that might trade 5-15 million $ daily (i.e. trades 1%-3% of market cap daily).
- It usually is a highly rare event for a company’s stock to trade over 20-30% of its market cap.
- It is a very, very, very, very, very rare event for a company’s stock to trade 50-100%+ of its market cap.
- I’ve never seen a legitimate company’s stock (of material size) trade like this before.
- If I’m a CEO of a $500-$1,000 million market cap company, I would not understand why another company’s shares trades 30-100+% of its market cap 5-15 trading days consecutively, especially absent commensurate news/developments
Here is how Plug Power Inc (NASDAQ:PLUG) has traded since I first wrote about it (fyi, I’m following PLUG, and writing about it, largely because I’m quite fascinated by what i see as a obviously anomalous activity… the kind of activity that, if I a regulatory body, I would flag immediately and investigate within 48-72 hours):
|PLUG – 30%-100%+ of its Market Cap Traded EVERY DAY recently. Why? NOT due to news.|
|Date||Open||High||Low||Close||Volume||Adj Close||Value Traded|
Carlson Capital's Double Black Diamond fund added 3.09% net of fees in the second quarter of 2021. Following this performance, the fund delivered a profit of 5.3% net of fees for the first half. Q2 2021 hedge fund letters, conferences and more According to a copy of the fund's half-year update, which ValueWalk has been Read More