New iPhone 6 Image Leaks Provide More Details

Updated on

Rumor mill and supply chain reports are abuzz with the iPhone 6 features and specifications. New high-resolution images spotted on Reddit show significant design changes with the new handset. Power button in the new device has been moved to the side. The screen display resolution sits at 1334×750. The iPhone 6 will be available in two different sizes 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch, sources familiar with the matter told Bloomberg.

iPhone 6 could be the thinnest smartphone ever

Other specifications mentioned in this leak include a 2.7GHz A8 processor and TouchID fingerprint sensor, which was introduced with the iPhone 5S.  Rumors suggest that the iPhone 6 will be just 6mm thick, making it the thinnest device on the market. Leaked images show that Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) will replace the glass back with the same aluminum panel found in MacBooks. Notably, the handset has 3.5mm headphone jack, putting an end to recent rumors that Apple’s recent Beats acquisition would kill it off.

Most of the leaks and reports so far have been about the 4.7-inch version of the iPhone 6. But prolific Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) tipster Sonny Dickson recently got his hands on the front and back LCD panel of the phablet iPhone 6, which measures 14cm (5.5 inches) diagonally. The photos underline that Apple is producing components for the 5.5-inch model. These photos are the first images of the phablet model’s display part.

Apple to launch both models of the iPhone 6 at the same time

Previously, there were reports that the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 was facing issues with display technology and battery life, which could delay its launch. But people familiar with the matter told Bloomberg that Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) has resolved those issues, and both models will be launched at the same time, most likely in September. The new phones will sport the recently unveiled iOS 8 software, which brings health monitoring and home automation features.

We reported yesterday that Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL)’s manufacturing partner Foxconn Technology Co Ltd (TPE:2354) is hiring 100,000 workers in China to ramp up production. The iPhone 6 is expected to enter production next month. Pegatron Corporation (TPE:4938) is also increasing its workforce to meet the anticipated high demand. Foxconn will reportedly produce 70% of the new iPhones while the remaining 30% will be manufactured by Pegatron.

Leave a Comment