Home » Technology

Apple iPhone 6 Supply Chain Details Leaked: REPORT

Updated on

There has been lots of leaked details about the iPhone 6 with a 4.7-inch screen recently, but little is known about the larger 5.5-inch model. Another unanswered question is will Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) ever launch an upgraded 4-inch model ever? Or will the company sell the current 4-inch model at a reduced price? As always, we’ve got the scoop on the latest iPhone rumors.

This freshly baked report has emerged out of Asia, courtesy of the ever hit and miss Digitimes. Digitimes citing their sources from the “upstream supply chain” has some pretty interesting details on the manufacturers that Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) has settled on for the iPhone 6 and other iPhone models.

iPhone 6 will be coming in three different screen sizes

The 4.7-inch iPhone 6 is expected to be manufactured by Foxconn Technology Co Ltd (TPE:2354), where they’ll handle 70% of the orders. Pegatron Corporation (TPE:4938) will manufacture the remaining 30% of the production run.

As far as the larger 5.5-inch iPhone 6, Foxconn Technology Co Ltd (TPE:2354) will handle the entire order by itself, which could be a reason why Apple outsourced the remaining 30% of 4.7-inch models to Pegatron Corporation (TPE:4938). As for the existing 4-inch iPhone, the entire order will be outsourced to Wistron.

The 4- and 4.7-inch iPhones will be the main sales force of Apple for 2014. Foxconn’s plants in Zhengzhou, China are expected to start supplying the 4.7-inch model in July and start manufacturing the 5.5-inch one in August.

The source claims that Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) will be releasing the 5.5-inch and 4.7-inch iPhone in 2014, but doesn’t mention any other details about the release date.

If this report is indeed true, then get ready to see the iPhone 6 in three different screen sizes: 4, 4.7 and 5.5-inch screen size. The release date is not known at this time, but from rumors, Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) could announce the new iPhone 6 in September. This means we’ve got enough time to get our hands on all the leaks to give you the low down before the official keynote of the release event.

The sources of Digitimes are not always reliable, but upon occasion they are spot on. This rumor seems pretty substantial to me, but it’s still wise to still draw conclusions with a grain of salt.

Leave a Comment