BlackBerry declared a “May Madness” promotion, offering discounts on selected smartphones such as the Passport. Also with the purchase of some devices, including the Priv, the Canada-based smartphone company will give a free accessory. The deals on handsets are only available until May 26 (11:59 EST) through ShopBlackBerry.

BlackBerry Ltd Brings May Madness With Discounts On Priv, Passport

No discount on BlackBerry Priv

“Hello again, #TeamBlackBerry! We’ve got another exciting announcement to bring you today: we’re ringing in May with another awesome sale on ShopBlackBerry! As part of our May Madness promotion, we’re offering great deals on the BlackBerry Passport (Black & White), the Passport Silver Edition, and PRIV by BlackBerry,” the Canadian firm said to announce its promotion.

BlackBerry’s most secure Android device, the Priv, will remain at the same price, but the smartphone maker will offer a sync pod and a complimentary black flip case worth a total of $99 ($119 CDN, €99 and £74) to buyers.

If  you want a discount on the Priv, you can get it at just $380 from eBay. Earlier this week, QualityCellz, a top-rated eBay seller, was offering the Priv for just $379.99. The device costs over $600 if purchased through official channels.

Discount on Passport, Passport Silver Edition

The BlackBerry Passport (Black and White versions) can be bought for just $375 (its actual price was $489CDN, €449 and £330). The fancier Passport Silver Edition can be bought for $410 ($550 CDN, €479 and £360).

Some might already know about the uniquely-shaped Passport, but if you do not, then this BlackBerry handset comes with physical specs such as a Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 chipset, plus 3GB of RAM, a 13MP primary camera with OIS, 32GB of expandable storage and a 2MP secondary shooter on the front. The smartphone has a 4.5-inch 1440 x 1440 square display and a physical keyboard below the screen.

By offering such discounts, the Canadian firm is probably clearing the way for its upcoming Android handsets. Recently, BlackBerry CEO John Chen confirmed that there are two more mid-range Android handsets in the pipeline.

“The fact that we came out with a high-end phone (as our first Android device) was probably not as wise as it should have been,” Chen said previously.