Deep dish, thin crust, cheese or pepperoni – no matter how you slice it, people love pizza. Pizza restaurants have seen an increase in foot traffic of 49% nationwide since the beginning of 2021 according to the data scientists at brick-and-mortar marketing expert Zenreach.
The Rise In Visits To Pizza Restaurants
Here’s the surprising things Zenreach learned:
- Los Angeles has seen an increase of 156% pizza lovers in stores, and California as a whole saw a lift of 119.69%.
- Chicago saw an increase of 85% just beating out New York who saw an increase of just 82%.
- Phoenix trailed behind the nationwide average of 49% with just a 5% increase in foot traffic. Arizona is only up 3.90% overall.
- While Chicago is beating New York City, state wise New York has seen an increase of 92.18%, beating Illinois’ lift of 79.66%.
- Texas saw a surprising lift of 29.42%, and Florida saw just an 8.84% increase since the start of the year.
New York MSA
Los Angeles MSA
“Nationwide, we have seen an increase of 49% in restaurant foot-traffic this year to pizza and Italian restaurants which bodes well for our economy. With indoor mask mandates starting to lift, Zenreach expects these numbers will continue to increase.” says Megan Wintersteen, VP of Marketing for Zenreach.