Kodi 17 Krypton Release Candidate 4 is now available to download and with it comes more stability, bug fixes and more. If you’re already familiar with Kodi, you will probably already know what this software is capable of. However, if you’re not, let’s just say it’s a full media storage software that allows you to keep music, movies, games, and more in one easy to find place. In reality, though, many people use it for much more. And it is for those bad reasons that Kodi has found itself in the headlines of late.
Kodi 17 Krypton – What’s new?
Considering that the first Release Candidate of Krypton appeared at the end of last year. The fact that we now have the 4th shows just how serious its developers are taking it. That being said, though, this 4th RC has no outward facing changes at all! Meaning that its release has been to fix bugs, increase stability, and improve on the features introduced in the first RC.
Regarding the pace of the current RC releases, it was only just a little over two weeks ago when the third RC was released. So it probably won’t be long until a Kodi 17 Krypton final release candidate is ready. As for when that will be the Kodi team is not saying; instead, they have asked for help on their website saying:
We would certainly welcome any developer who can help us out to try and fix the bugs he or she encounters and submit it to our code base for review.
While RC4 fixes many issues found in the previous versions, there are those that stand out more than others. For example, one bug was preventing Kodi 17 Krypton from running onAndroid Nougat; it is now fixed. Additionally, earlier versions saw favorites unable to be refreshed, and add-ons not working correctly via Add-ons Manager, these are fixed.
As for the other fixes made for RC4, here’s the list:
- Update Estuary and Estouchy with some bugfixes and improvements
- Fix Kodi not starting on some phones running Android 7
- Revert changes that disabled plugin listing cache that which caused reduced browsing speed
- Fix the cause of favorites not refreshing
- Fix add-ons not being added to favorites if done through add-on manager
- Update our default web interface Chorus2 with several fixes and features
- Fix possible deadlock when installing/uninstalling PVR add-ons
- Fix possible failed add-on installs on Windows with a retry
- Make sure to stop playback before uninstalling a PVR add-on
- Fix changing song ratings
- Try to handle graphics failures due to bad graphics driver on Windows
- Fix long timeout for certain audio streams
However, for a complete detailed list of everything that has changed in RC4 compared to the previous version see here.
Should you want to download and install this latest version of Kodi 17 Krypton, you can get it from here. Additionally, it is also available on the Windows Store. However, due to the developers facing time constraints, you may have to be patient for future releases.