Now since iOS 9 is out, many users have started to update their iOS devices. However, some users are running into problems while updating. The issue is that after the download is complete, and when the iOS device is restarted, they find themselves stuck on the “Slide to Upgrade” screen. Even after sliding, this screen won’t go away. This bug renders the iPhone and iPad useless, but there is a fix for it
Official solution to ‘Slide to upgrade’ bug in iOS 9
In Apple’s official support document, the solution to this problem is provided. Basically, there are only three steps you need to take solve this problem:
Gates Capital Management's ECF Value Funds have a fantastic track record. The funds (full-name Excess Cash Flow Value Funds), which invest in an event-driven equity and credit strategy, have produced a 12.6% annualised return over the past 26 years. The funds added 7.7% overall in the second half of 2022, outperforming the 3.4% return for Read More
- Connect your iOS device to a computer that you’ve previously synced with iTunes.
- Select your device. If you don’t see it listed, force restart your device by pressing and holding both the Sleep/Wake and Home button for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
- If you made an iTunes backup of your device before updating to iOS 9, restore your device from that backup. If not, you need to make a backup of your device in iTunes, then restore from that backup.
If you still see the Slide to Upgrade screen after completing the steps above:
- Restore your device. If you don’t see your device in iTunes, or your computer won’t trust your device, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home button for at least 10 seconds, until your device restarts and appears in iTunes. When prompted, choose Restore.
- After the restore is complete, set up your device as new.
This will be resolved soon in an upcoming iOS update.
As said in the third step, even if your device is facing the “Slide to upgrade” bug, you still can back up your data using iTunes and then restore it.
Problems with iOS 9
For some reason, iOS 9’s launch hasn’t been a smooth experience for users. Many users who tried to update directly from their device were left frustrated by error messages. Perhaps it was due to many users trying to update the OS at once, which caused heavy traffic on Apple’s servers. However, the solution was to stop downloading iOS 9 and instead download the update from iTunes. But apart from that, users also reported that their device started to lag after the iOS 9 update.