A pet hate of many internet users is being forced to listen to audio when it hasn’t been asked for. However, many sites continue to do this, hoping to catch the attention of those (the minority) who don’t mind. Where social media is concerned, the giant Facebook has previously enabled users to select a video to hear its audio. Unfortunately, that approach by is about to change. Meaning, sometime soon you will be scrolling through your feed being forced to listen!
Switch Off Facebook Audio
Now if you don’t want your news feed, or friends video’s to drown out your Facebook experience, there is something you can do. Following the tutorial below will teach you how to prevent unwanted interruptions. Now, this tutorial will focus on instructions for iPhone and PC owners. So please be aware that for Android users the instructions may be different.
How to Turn Off Facebook Auto Sound for iPhone
Before we start, please make sure the app has been updated to the very latest version available on the App Store.
Value Partners Asia ex-Japan Equity Fund has delivered a 60.7% return since its inception three years ago. In comparison, the MSCI All Counties Asia (ex-Japan) index has returned just 34% over the same period. The fund, which targets what it calls the best-in-class companies in "growth-like" areas of the market, such as information technology and Read More
1. Go to your home screen and launch the application.
2. Next, go to the three lined menu button in the bottom right-hand corner of your display. Once found tap it, and then scroll down until you find settings and then tap it.
3. In the following window look for account settings and tap it. Moving on, you should now find and select sounds.
4. Now you need to switch the highlighted green switch next to in app sounds. When this is completed the green will be replaced by gray. Now there is the chance that you may see “Videos in News Feed Start With Sound”, if you do, switch that to off!
And that’s it; you now know how to turn off audio for Facebook videos.
How to Turn Off Facebook Auto Sound for PC
Now, it is possible that Facebook has not rolled this out in your country yet. Unfortunately, if that is the case, you must be patient.
1. Log on to your account in a browser on your PC. Followed by going to the top-right corner of the screen and clicking on the downward pointing arrow.
2. You will now see a dropdown, look down it until you find settings and tap it.
3. In the following window you must select videos and then off. However, depending on whether Facebook has rolled out the update to you. There’s a chance you will see auto play videos or Videos in News Feed Start with Sound option. Using the dropdown to the right and selecting off will work for either option.
And there you have it; you will now not be interrupted by Facebook video sounds when scrolling through your feed!