Since 1996, the world-renowned Ira Sohn Conference 2014 has been the premier investment forum, bringing together the world’s savviest investors to share fresh insights and strategies in support of pediatric cancer research and treatment.
ValueWalk will be covering the 19th IRA Sohn Conference 2014 produced in partnership with Bloomberg LINK – sign up for our free newsletter to ensure you do not miss our coverage. You can also find coverage via Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, or RSS. Also see the 2014 Value Investing Conference here. Also check out our coverage of the Berkshire Hathaway conference here.
Here’s what Charlie Munger had to say at the Daily Journal meeting
Charlie Munger spoke at the Daily Journal Corporation's Annual Meeting of Shareholders today. Although Warren Buffett is the more well-known Berkshire Hathaway chief, Munger has been at his side through much of his investing career. Q4 2020 hedge fund letters, conferences and more Charlie Munger's speech at the Daily Journal meeting was live-streamed on Yahoo Read More
Wall Street’s best and brightest investors participate in this unique, “must attend” event to share their expertise with an audience of more than 3,000 people, comprised of portfolio managers, asset allocators and private investors. Most speakers manage large proprietary investment portfolios that have outperformed the market for many years and do not share their insights in any public forum, but they volunteer their time to the IRA Sohn Investment Conference for the benefit of the Foundation.
All contributions support the Foundation’s mission to support pediatric research and care. The 2014 IRA Sohn Investment Conference will be held at the Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center, New York on the 5th of May, 2014 from 12PM to 5:30PM. ValueWalk will be providing live coverage of the event. NOTE: all blog posts, analysis, coverage etc will be linked here so you can find EVERYTHING you need in this one post via links, no need to go searching around the website.
IRA Sohn Conference 2014 Line Up:
The 2014 IRA Sohn Investment Conference always attracts the brightest stars in the value investing universe, and 2014 is no exception. Attendees at the conference will get to hear from legendary value investors and financial professionals which are listed below along with links to their presentations (which will be available as we update).
The IRA Sohn Conference 2014 schedule will be posted once it becomes available to us. (Presentation links below)
- William Ackman, Pershing Square Capital Management – Ackman Talks Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, The First Time Publicly, see the slides from the presentation here
- Dan Ariely, Professor of Psychology & Behavioral Economics at Duke University – Dan Ariely Presentation – Ira Sohn 2014 Investment Conference
- David Einhorn, Greenlight Capital – David Einhorn Presentation At Ira Sohn: Short AthenaHealth
- Mariko Gordon, Daruma Capital Management – Mariko Gordon Presentation – Sohn 2014 Investment Conference
- James Grant, Grant’s Interest Rate Observer – James Grant Presentation – Ira Sohn 2014 Conference
- Jeffrey Gundlach, Doubleline Capital – Jeff Gundlach Presentation – Ira Sohn Conference 2014
- Paul Tudor Jones II, Tudor Investment Corporation – Paul Tudor Jones Presentation – Ira Sohn 2014
- Philippe Laffont, Coatue Management – Philippe Laffont Presentation – Ira Sohn 2014 Conference
- Michael Novogratz, Fortress Investment Group LLC (NYSE:FIG) – Michael Novogratz Presentation- Ira Sohn Conference 2014, see the slides from the presentation here.
- Larry Robbins, Glenview Capital – Larry Robbins Presentation Ira Sohn Conference 2014
- Zach Schreiber, PointState Capital – Zach Schreiber Presentation – Ira Sohn 2014
- Chris Shumway, Shumway Capital – Chris Shumway Presentation Ira Sohn Conference 2014
Also see: IRA Sohn Next Wave Conference Notes
Also see: Jeff Gundlach’s Housing, GDP outlook
Also see: Ackman to Ruhle: I would work with Icahn on a future deal, Ackman On CNBC: No alternative to Fannie and Freddie, Ackman Talks Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, The First Time Publicly, Jim Grant talks to Bloomberg TV on Gazprom, Puerto Rico
UPDATE 10:34 AM EST, below is the full schedule for the speakers
Next Wave Sohn
9:30: Opening remarks: Graham Duncan
9:35: John Khoury
9:50: Jason Karp
10:05: Ethan Devine
10:20: Nitin Saigal
10:35: Will Snellings
10:50: Closing remarks: David Z. Solomo
12:00: Opening remarks: Douglas Hirsch
12:50: Dan Ariely
2:35: Elana Simon
4:10: P Tudor Jones
4:25: Sohn Investment Contest
4:40: Mariko Gordon