Michael Burry, born in 1971, is a medical doctor, having graduated from Vanderbilt University School of Medicine. Michael Burry created LLC, i.e. Scion Capital hedge fund, and successfully handled it for eight years. Then, in 2008, Michael eliminated this fund so that he could start his private investments. He was one of the few investors who took a daring step of shorting subprime Below are some of his favorite books, which he has recommended over the years.
Michael Burry Recommended Reading List
- The Intelligent Investor, by Benjamin Graham and David Dodd
- Common Stocks and Uncommon Profits and Other Writings, by Philip Fisher
- Why Stocks Go Up (and Down), by William H. Pike
- Buffettology: The Previously Unexplained Techniques That Have Made Warren Buffett The World’s Most Famous Investor, by Mary Buffett and David Clark
- The Art of Short Selling, by Kathryn Staley
- The Rediscovered Benjamin Graham: Selected Writings of the Wall Street Legend, by Janet Lowe