Whitney Tilson’s email to investors discussing Tesla‘s Battery Day; Doug Kass re-shorts Tesla; how similar is the VW ID.4 to the Tesla Model Y?
Doug Kass On Tesla's Battery Day
1) Neither was Doug Kass wasn’t impressed with Tesla's Battery Day :
Back Short Tesla
After what I would describe as a disappointing "Battery Day", which raises more execution issues, I am back in a small short in
Tesla (TSLA) .
Tesla is on my Best Ideas List (short).
Here is my short thesis.
Position: Short TSLA (small)
(Doug’s short thesis from a month ago is below)
2) Pretty funny…
Tesla Model Y vs VW ID.4
3) From a friend:
How similar is the VW ID.4 to the Model Y? THIS similar:
VW comes after Tesla with detailed ID.4 and Model Y comparison - Electrek
The first European deliveries of the VW ID.4 should take place around November 1. The U.S. should be around December 15.
The VW ID.4 is produced in Zwickau, (former East) Germany right now.
U.S. production in Chattanooga is targeted for April 2022.
Chinese production supposedly some time in 2021.
- Faster charging speed: 250 kW vs 125 kW.
- More horsepower, faster acceleration.
- Supposed optional 3rd row, if any human being could ever fit in there.
- Quality and service.
- Perhaps better instrumentation (no single big center tablet).
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.