1. India Trade deficit and imports at 5 year high.Oil is obviously the major culprit but useless electronic imports are also responsible for this surge. Trade deficit for Q1 FY 19 close to $ 45B indicating a CAD of 2.5% of GDP.So unless Oilprices come down we will see a general weakening of rupee
When it comes to finding future business champions, Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger have really excelled over the past seven decades. Q3 2021 hedge fund letters, conferences and more One could argue that these two individuals are some of the best growth investors of all time, thanks to their ability to spot companies like Coca-Cola Read More
2. This charts shows the Bank of Japan now owns 80% of the eligible equityindex ETFs!All big monetary experiments start with Japan and this one is for history books. BOJ already owns so much of domestic bonds that there are days when not a single trade takes place in JGB’s.
3. Global Clean energy investment are lowest in last four years.With surge in oil prices, the investment in clean energy should have gone up this year.I believe most of these investments were never profitable in first place and relied upon govt subsidies to make a business case.
4. This is different kind of monetary madness ,coupled with socialism and corruption gone horribly wrong leading to modern day hyperinflation. There is joke in Venezuela about Maduro diet as 75% of venezuelans population has lost on average 9kg of weight in last 1 year as prices of things rise much faster than the incomes.Below is price of one cup of coffee in Bolivar
5. The trade fight is not between China and US. Biggest looser is actually Germany which mostly depends on exports for its growth. Germany is having added headwind of aging population .
6. The race to a trillion dollar marketcap is on. Here is what share price Amazon or Apple would need to hit to reach the milestone. Would anyone bet on the underdogs? Google, Microsoft or Facebook.
Markets and economies always make a long term high towards events like big bang IPO , Tallest Building , hosting of olympics etc.
whats bigger than trillion dollar market cap?
7. Times.. they are changing .Texas will overtake Iran and Iraq as the world’s third biggest “global” crude oil producer this year, says HSBC .American oil is different and better than rest . It is the lightest, purest oil produced in the world, as well as the most valuable and easiest to refine.
Article by Ritesh Jain, World Out Of Whack