The study by Forex Suggest looked at the average market capitalisation growth of gold, silver, the top global companies alongside the biggest cryptocurrencies to reveal what’s on track to be the best investments in years to come.
In April, Li Lu and Bruce Greenwald took part in a discussion at the 13th Annual Columbia China Business Conference. The value investor and professor discussed multiple topics, including the value investing philosophy and the qualities Li looks for when evaluating potential investments. Q3 2021 hedge fund letters, conferences and more How Value Investing Has Read More
The Top 10 Investments In 2024 According To Projections
These are projections of what the market cap of assets could look like by 2024 when analysing average annual growth rates from 2018 to 2021 thus far.
|Rank||Asset||Asset Class||4 Year Average
Annual Growth Rate%
|Projected Jan. 2022||Projected Jan. 2023||Projected Jan. 2024|
|1||ASML||Company||373.68%||$ 1.1T||$ 5.0T||$ 23.7T|
|2||Gold||Commodity||8.27%||$ 12.8T||$ 13.9T||$ 15.0T|
|3||Tesla||Company||115.01%||$ 1.6T||$ 3.5T||$7.6T|
|4||Apple||Company||34.97%||$ 3.2T||$ 4.2T||$ 5.9T|
|5||Bitcoin||Crypto||103.50%||$ 1.3T||$ 2.6T||$ 5.2T|
|6||Ethereum||Crypto||198.19%||$ 456.8B||$ 1.4T||$ 4.1T|
|7||Microsoft||Company||32.00%||$ 2.3T||$ 3.1T||$ 4.0T|
|8||Amazon||Company||26.35%||$ 2.1T||$ 2.6T||$ 3.3T|
|9||Toyota||Company||138.28%||$ 466.2B||$ 1.1T||$ 2.6T|
|10||Dai||Crypto||1040.38%||$ 18.9B||$ 215.1B||$ 2.5T|
This only includes assets with data stretching back to 2018 for sufficient analysis
- By 2024, three cryptocurrencies are on track to break into the top 10 best performing assets.
- Bitcoin is projected to be the 5th strongest performing asset by 2024 with an estimated market value of over $5 trillion thanks to its 103.5% average annual growth rate. It would surpass long-standing giants including Microsoft, Amazon and Google by over $1 trillion. Bitcoin is currently dipping in and out of the top 10 highest value assets, but in just a few short years it could solidify its place.
- Ethereum sits just behind with an even higher average annual growth rate of 198%, set to be the 6th strongest asset in 2024. With a projected $5.1 trillion valuation, it would equally outperform the current top dogs like Facebook and silver, and the recent NFT boom can only strengthen its growth.
- The coin with the third highest projected market cap is Dai, which could have a total value of $2.5 trillion. Because of its non-volatile nature, this stablecoin has grown at an astonishing rate - 1040.38% on average every year since 2018. But, it is pegged 1:1 with the US dollar so it is not necessarily seen as an investment choice.
Solana Was The Fastest Growing Investment Of 2021 - Up 3476%
|Rank||Asset||Asset Class||Market Cap
|Market Cap 29/09/21||Growth
Jan 2021 - Sept 2021
|1||Solana||Crypto||$ 1.2B||$ 41.2B||3476%|
|2||Polygon||Crypto||$ 187.9M||$ 5.6B||2859%|
|3||Terra||Crypto||$ 695.3M||$ 14.3B||1956%|
|4||Avalanche||Crypto||$ 996.5M||$ 14.5B||1357%|
|5||ASML||Company||$ 223.4B||$ 3.1T||1292%|
|6||Algorand||Crypto||$ 810.0M||$ 9.7B||1093%|
|7||Binance Coin||Crypto||$ 6.8B||$ 63.5B||827%|
|8||Binance USD||Crypto||$ 1.5B||$ 13.4B||801%|
|9||Ethereum Classic||Crypto||$ 868.1M||$ 6.1B||600%|
|10||Dogecoin||Crypto||$ 4.0B||$ 26.6B||563%|
Apart from ASML, the top 10 fastest growing assets this year have all been cryptocurrencies:
- Solana has been the strongest performing investment option of 2021 so far, with its market cap growing by 3,476% since January to over $41 billion by the end of September. Many investors are optimistic about Solana thanks to the incredible speed and efficiency of its blockchain technology.
- The second biggest winner of 2021 is Polygon, with the market cap increasing by 2,859% this year, bringing the total value to just over $5.6 billion. Polygon is a platform for development and scaling on the Ethereum blockchain, and can therefore benefit from increased interest in Ethereum, and vice-versa.
- In third place is the cryptocurrency Terra, which has seen its market cap grow by 1,956% in 2021. Terra uses stable coins, pegged to fiat currencies, to carry out cross-border payments efficiently and with low fees.