The research reveals the following:
Seth Klarman: Investors Always Need A Strategy To Guide Them
"Many investors lack a strategy that equips them to deal with a rise in volatility and declining markets," Seth Klarman told his audience in a speech at MIT in 2012. Q3 2020 hedge fund letters, conferences and more Klarman was talking about the benefits of having a strategy, such as value investing, to provide a Read More
- Universities that have educated the most self-made female billionaires
- Which countries’ universities feature the most on the list
American universities have produced self-made female billionaires
- Four universities in the USA (University of Pennsylvania), University of Nevada, Oklahoma State University, and Harvard Business School) top the list. Such institutions have educated multiple self-made female billionaires.
- Out of all institutions in the American list, less than one-fifth (18%) are considered to hold Ivy League status (the University of Pennsylvania, Stanford, Princeton, and Havard and Harvard Business School).
- Ivy League institutions such as the University of Pennsylvania and Harvard Business School, feature luminaries who have successfully built up Tech-based companies, such as the former eBay CEO Meg Whitman and Facebook CEO Sheryl Sandberg.
- Stanford University and Florida state feature on the list, thanks to American women who have successfully built up clothing retail empires. These include Stanford alumni, Doris Fisher, who co-founded the global brand, GAP, and Spanx founder, Sara Blakely, who studied at Florida State University.
- Other notable universities include Tennessee State University, where American entrepreneurs on the league include talk show host and philanthropist, Oprah Winfrey studied. Additionally, Oregon State University, where the co-founder of restaurant chain Panda Express attended.
Those who made their fortunes without higher education
- Diane Hendricks has the largest net worth out of all Americans on the list ($8.2 billion). However, the owner of Hendricks Holding Company and ABC Supply built her fortunes without attending university.
- The analysis from Money, reveals that a third of women on the list (32%) did not attend university. These include American Entrepreneur, Lynda Resnick, co-founder of The Wonderful Company as well as a reality star and young businesswoman, Kylie Jenner.
Universities that have educated the most female billionaires
- The institutions that have produced the most self-made billionaire’s are Zhejiang University (Chen Xioaying, Chen Ailian, Wu Yan) and Tsinghua University (Chen Ailian, Zhang Xiaojuan, Wang Laichun).
- Overall ten institutions have produced two self-made female billionaires each. Further to this, the other 66 universities on the list have educated one each.
- Furthermore, 32 self-made female billionaires did not attend university. Examples include Giuliana Benetton, who co-founded the eponymous clothing company, Benetton Group with her siblings, and Diane Hendricks co-founder of American building supply company, ABC Supply.
- Hurun Richest Self-Made Women in the World: https://www.hurun.net/EN/Article/Details?num=98A9114CEA08
- Baike Badu: https://baike.baidu.com/item/%E5%8F%B6%E7%90%BC%E7%8E%96
- Bloomberg Billionaire’s Index: https://www.bloomberg.com/billionaires/