Inspired by UN Climate Week? Hear from heads of state, CEOs, indigenous community leaders and renowned activists and youth leaders, on how we all address the green revolution climate emergency – at the biggest event to focus on nature-based climate solutions outside of the UN, with over 500 confirmed guests.
More than 17 leading environmental organisations and groups have come together for this event including: Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA), Conservation International (CI), Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD), EAT, Food and Land Use Coalition (FOLU), Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN), International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA), National Geographic Society (NGS), Nature4Climate (N4C), Partnership For Forests (P4F), Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN), SYSTEMIQ (SIQ), Tropical Forest Alliance (TFA), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD), World Economic Forum (WEF) and World Resources Institute (WRI).
The event will showcase many nature-based solutions and innovative approaches to food and resources, part of the way forward on some of the world’s biggest issues, including inequality, food security and health.
Announcements on the green revolution from:
- The recently-launched Food and Land Use Coalition Global Report– 10 transitions to safeguard people and planet
- Amazon Sacred Headwater Initiative – a call to permanently protect 60 million hectares of rainforest.
- Just Rural Transition – leading a shift to fairer food and land use systems, and transforming investment to support ecosystem services and rural and coastal livelihoods.
- High Ambition Coalition 30×30 – leading the way with enhanced pledges and national action
Food, interactive exhibitions and video include:
- Canapes and food stations featuring Knorr Future 50 Foods and Impossible Foods.
- P4F, catalysing investment in forests and sustainable land use: see link
- Nourishing Africa Hub, agri-food entrepreneurs transforming Africa’s agricultural landscape: see link
- Peatland Restoration Agency, Badan Restorasi Gambut (BRG), Republic of Indonesia (see link): introducing eco-friendly fashion products and healthy snacks
- Conservation International virtual reality: see link
- Oktoberforest, brewers helping to protect forests: see link
- Impossible Foods (see link), making meat using plants: catering partners with live demo
- Ellen Macarthur Foundation (see link), inspiring a positive future circular economy: art exhibit
- McKinsey (see link), global management consultancy: Climate Risk Report (Food and Agriculture) exhibit
- Recently-launched Greta Thunberg and George Monbiot video (watch here)
- Premiere of a National Geographic video
High-level speakers on the green revolution:
- Antoine de Saint-Affrique – CEO, Barry Callebaut
- Carlos Alvarado – President of Costa Rica
- David Nabarro – Co-facilitator for the Nature-based Solutions Workstream
- Danny Faure – President of the Republic of Seychelles
- Christiana Figueres – Former Executive Secretary of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change
- Dr Cristiana Paşca Palmer – Executive Secretary of the UN Biodiversity Convention, FOLU Ambassador
- Enric Sala – National Geographic Society
- Farhana Yamin – International lawyer and climate activist
- Feike Sijbesma – CEO and Chairman of the Board, Royal DSM, FOLU Ambassador
- H.E Prof. Fekadu Beyene – Commissioner, Environment, Forest, and Climate Change Commission, Ethiopia
- Frances Seymour – Senior Fellow, World Resources Institute
- Helianti Hilman – Founder and CEO of Javara
- Ishmael Sunga – Executive Director, Southern African Confederation of Agricultural Unions, FOLU Ambassador
- Jessica Fanzo – Professor of Food Policy & Ethics, Johns Hopkins University; Co-chair, Global Nutrition Report, FOLU Ambassador
- Minister João Pedro Matos Fernandes – Minister of Environment and Energy Transition, Portugal
- Johan Rockström – Professor in Environmental Science, Stockholm Resilience Centre
- Kathy Jetnil-Kijiner – Poet and climate activist, Marshall Islands
- Laura Tuck – Vice President for Sustainable Development, World Bank, FOLU Ambassador
- Marina Melanidis – Co-Director, Youth4Nature
- M. Sanjayan – CEO, Conservation International
- Per Pharo – FOLU Global Report Editor and Lead Author
- Peter Bakker – President and CEO World Business Council for Sustainable Development
- Pierre Thiam – Chef and author
- Sam Kass – Chef and nutrition policy advisor, FOLU Ambassador
- Tuntiak Katan – Vice-coordinator, COICA – Coordinator of Indigenous Organizations from the Amazon Basin
- Minister Xie Zhenhua – Special Representative on Climate Change, China
- Minister Yasmin Fouad – Minister of Environmental Affairs, Egypt
- H.E. Zac Goldsmith – Minister of State at the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs and the Department for International Development, United Kingdom