Third Point’s notes from the Morgan Stanley Investment Leadership Conference which took place on the 28th of June, 2018. There was a killer line up and we have notes on the full conference stay tuned for more – below is the panel consisting of Munib Islam of Third Point.
The full list of speakers as follows
List of Speakers
Welcome to our latest issue of issue of ValueWalk’s hedge fund update. Below subscribers can find an excerpt in text and the full issue in PDF format. Please send us your feedback! Featuring Andurand's oil trading profits surge, Bridgewater profits from credit, and Tiger Cub Hedge Fund shuts down. Q1 2022 hedge fund letters, conferences Read More
- David Craigen, Partner at Lansdowne Partners
- Joshua David Samuelson, Vice Chairman at PointState Capital
- Robert S. Pitts, Limited Partner at Steadfast Capital Management
- Keith Meister, Corvex Management
- Parag Vora, HG Vora Capital Management
- Richard McGuire, Marcato Capital Management
- Nitin Saigal, Kora Management
- Vikram Kumar, Kuvari Partners
- Vivian Lau, One Tusk Investment Partners
- Jasjit Rekhi, Sandro Capital
- Brad Gerstner, Altimeter Capital Management
- Nathaniel August, Mangrove Partners
- Alex Gleser, TPG Public Equity Partners
- Simon Hillary, Lancaster Investment Management
- Seth Rosen, Nitorum Capital
- David Rosen, Rubric Capital Management
- Josh Clark, Southpoint Capital Management
- David Thomas, Atalan Capital Partners
- Tomoko Fortune, Criterion Capital Management
- Dennis Puri, Hunt Lane Capital
- Gil Simon, SoMa Equity Partners
- Christian Leone, Luxor Capital
- Leon Shaulov, Maplelane Capital
- Munib Islam, Third Point
Q1 hedge fund letters, conference, scoops etc, Also read Lear Capital: Financial Products You Should Avoid?
Munib Islam of Third Point:
Third Point informs that activism has shifted from short-term to long-term and the banks are more engaged in dealing with activism.
Third Point recommends buying the stock of United Technologies, the $100 billion American multinational business. United Tech may split into three different entities. The split is expected to be earnings accretive and there will be no loss in synergies. The shares are currently trading at 11 times of EBITDA; the spin-offs may result in higher multiples. The expected spin-off has given a positive environment to the stock of United Technologies.
Read the full article here.