As a member of the military force, there are several ways through which the nation shows its appreciation for your service. The popular one includes the provision of military discounts on products and services. Depending on the services you need, the list below can help you get the best.
Cars are an essential part of the everyday commute. Therefore, if you are considering buying a car or having it fixed at discounted prices, below are some places to consider:
- ShipAnyCar.com| 25% discount for government personnel and active duty military.
- Jiffy Lube| 15% discount off all participating locations to all military members.
- Meineke| Discounts may vary by location, but they’re available to all military members.
Health and Beauty Discounts
The well-being of our military personnel is crucial to our security. The facilities below offer the best discounts to all active and retired military personnel.
- Care.com| Discounted membership to all active duty military families on child care, senior care, and pet care.
- American Family Insurance| All military personnel enjoy discounted prices. For personnel returning from deployment, you’re treated as if you had prior insurance.
- Hypnosis.org| All honorably discharged and active duty members receive a 20% discount on hypnosis courses.
- Gold’s Gym| 49% discount to all new members, veterans and active duty, and 20% off their dues.
- Massage Envy| 60% annual discount to all active military members who join Massage Envy at any participating location.
- USAA| Discounts on life, auto and home insurance to all military service members and their families.
- YMCA| Discounted and free memberships and child care to eligible military families.
- The Red Door Salon and SPA| 20% off spa and salon services for active military members, national guard, veteran, retiree, and U.S. Coastguard.
- Cultural Care Au Pair| $1,000 service discount as well as a $75 registration discount with code PCMILITARY and proof of service.
- EurAupair| $600 discount to all military families.
- Stanton Homes| 3% discount on any home for all retirees, veterans and active duty members.
- Sittercity| Waivered membership fees to all active duty members, veterans, and retirees.
Storage and Moving Discounts
When planning on moving or renting a storage unit, the companies below will offer the best rates.
- Cube Smart| 10% discount on self-storage to all active duty military members upon valid ID presentation.
- Door to Door Storage| Discounts awarded upon mentioning your military membership.
- OZ Moving| 10% discount to all active duty, reserves, referees, national guard, disabled veterans and their families with a valid military ID.
- Simply Storage| 15% discount to all military members with a valid ID.
- Penske Truck Rental| All veterans and active duty members receive a 20% discount on moving services. They get an additional 10% with online booking.
- Roadrunner Auto Transport| 100% discount on the mention of the military discount to the salesperson.
- PODS| veterans and Active duty receive discounted rates with code MILT.
Decommissioned pets are often sold to military personnel. Listed below are some places to consider adopting one.
- Pets for Patriots| Discounted adoption fees for all active duty members, retirees, veterans national guard, honorably discharged veterans who have served more than 190 days.
- Canyon Pet Lodge| 10% off all pet services to all members with a valid military ID.
Cellular and Shipping Discounts
Be it on deployment or while at home, communication is crucial. These are some of the discounted services which you can consider for your cellular and shipping packages.
- Defense Mobile| Mobile services and discounts to all military dependents, active duty members, reserves, veterans, guardsmen, and retirees with proof of service.
- Boost Mobile| Retains your account and number while you’re deployed. Discounts on reactivation fees after enrolling in the Deployed Military Program.
- U.S. Cellular| 15% discount on calling charges on family plans or individual plans.
- Vonage| Unlimited calling to all deployed military members and free shipping. The boxes, Vonage, can be sent and ordered to 34 different countries.
- United States Postal Service (USPS) |Ships priority mail packages to all military personnel who are overseas.
- nTelos Wireless| Discounted applications to all active duty members and veterans.
Education and Career
After retiring from the military, you might need to look for another job to keep yourself busy. The companies below will assist you in drafting your resume and expanding your skills.
- Career Perfect| Discounts on resume writing services to all active duty members, retirees, veterans, guardsmen, and their dependents.
- Flex Jobs| 30% discount off any flex jobs subscription to all Military.com members. Use the code MILITARY.
- The Guitar Lesson| Active duty members and veterans get a 68% discount on guitar lessons.
Services / Memberships
Filing tax returns isn’t common to everyone. Below are some tools which you can use to accomplish this task hassle-free.
- Geico| 15% discount on insurance premiums to all active duty members, veterans, retirees, and guardsmen by calling 1-800-MILITARY. There’s also Emergency Deployment Discounts.
- Jackson Hewitt| $50 prepaid VISA gift card to all Veterans Advantage members at any Jackson Hewitt location. More so, there’s a 25% discount off online federal and state tax returns.
- Costco | Military members are eligible to receive a $60 discount on a new membership.
- Military OneSource Tax Services| Free tax services to all military members.
- Navy Federal Credit Union| ¼% APR discount on selected loans for active duty members and veterans.
- SaveandInvest.org| Free FICO credit score and analysis to all active duty members and their spouses upon presentation of a valid military email.
- Tax Slayer| Active duty members can use the Military Edition in preparing their state and federal returns for free.
- Turbo Tax| Free state and federal tax returns filing for active duty ranks E-1 to E-5. To verify your rank, a military W-2 is necessary.
- Tax Act| Discounted tax preparation services to all military members with a qualifying EIN. Free e-filing and federal form preparation services are offered.
- Tax Brain| 20% off after preparation and filing of all military members and their dependents.
- TiVo| $19.99/mo. rates for TiVo Roamio and discounts as low as 0% down to active duty and veterans.
- Veterans Advantage| With membership, veterans gain access to discounts for other stores and organizations. Available for active duty, veterans, retirees, National Guard and their next-of-kin family.
- Simple Stroller Rentals| 10% discount off stroller rentals to all active duty, veterans, reserves, retirees and their spouses.
Online security and computer software are essential, be it while at home or on deployment. These are some of the best-discounted services.
- Life Lock| 15% discount off with code MILITARYCOM and free 30-day trial to all active duty members, their family members, veterans, and retirees.
- Skylum| with proof of service, all veterans, active duty members, retirees and guardsmen receive discounted prices on Skylum apps.
- Microsoft 365| 30% off on Microsoft 365.
- My Nerds| 20% off remote tech support to all veterans and active duty members.
- Netsonic| Free 6-month shared hosting account with promo code USA.
When going for deployment, you need something to remember your family members. These discounted photo services will assist you and your family members achieve this.
- Operation Love United| Free photo gifts and sessions to all military members.
- Portrait Innovations| 10% discount on all purchases to all military members.
- Target Portraits| 50% off a portrait purchase.