Don Steinbrugge is the founder of Agecroft Partners, a global hedge fund marketing firm that has won 36 awards as the Third Party Marketing Firm of the Year. Don has spoken at over 100 hedge fund conferences, has been quoted in hundreds of articles, and is regular guest on Bloomberg Television and CNBC. Previously, Don was a founding principal of Andor Capital Management, the world’s 2nd largest hedge fund at the time, as well as the Head of Institutional Sales for Merrill Lynch Investment Managers (now BlackRock). Agecroft also produces the annual Gaining the Edge – Hedge Fund Leadership Conference in NYC, one the leading hedge fund events in the industry.
In this Opalesque.TV BACKSTAGE interview, Don shares his thoughtful analysis on why the hedge fund industry is “the most competitive industry” and what it takes to succeed at a time when 75% of asset flows go to funds with greater than $5bn.
The latest Robinhood Investors Conference is in the books, and some hedge funds made an appearance at the conference. In a panel on hedge funds moderated by Maverick Capital's Lee Ainslie, Ricky Sandler of Eminence Capital, Gaurav Kapadia of XN and Glen Kacher of Light Street discussed their own hedge funds and various aspects of Read More
He shares key insights about which investor groups are dominating the asset flows today, how investors select hedge funds, and the market environment for smaller hedge funds in general. Learn more about:
- Three things each hedge fund needs to focus on to succeed and stay in business
- The factors hedge fund investors use to evaluate hedge funds. It is not all about performance
- When should managers alter their risk controls? Need to provide a strategy investors want to buy
- The importance of brand and first impressions: Reducing the gap between perception and the reality of the quality of a hedge fund
- How to develop a consistent, high quality marketing message
- If a hedge fund has a great product, will assets come without a sales and marketing strategy? What is important to consider when implementing a sales strategy?
- The hedge fund sales process: Why asset growth is not linear but exponential. Advice for emerging hedge fund managers
- How important are hedge fund conferences? Should hedge funds be active with social media?
- Reality check: How has investor sentiment changed over the past 2 years?
Article by Opalesque.TV