This year it’s all about the Fingerlings Baby Monkeys. The Fingerlings are a brand new toy available on the market. These adorable tiny toys simply hang out on your finger, hang from your finger, or fall asleep in your hand. But, this is only a few things they can do.
These little monkey buddies are animated to move and make 50 different sounds in response how you touch and move them. Fingerlings respond to touch by making various sounds and by moving their head. They can also hang from your finger, open and close their eyes, blow you a kiss, and you can also rock them to sleep. What’s more, they are designed to be interactive so as to imitate a little pet without any of the mess!
There is an on/off switch at the back of the Fingerlings, and the batteries are included. There is also an easy way to follow instructions, which show you the different ways you can use your Fingerling to get various responses. Fingerlings are recommended for children aged 5 and older.
Basic features of the Fingerlings:
- Fingerlings respond to sound, motion, and touch
- Eyes blink, head turns, and perform silly monkey babble
- Blow them kisses and they will kiss you back
- Pet them to sleep or make a loud noise and watch them get excited
- Hang them upside-down by the tail and watch them monkey around
- Ages: 5+
How to use the toy
This toy has an impressive number of sensors in comparison to its price. It can respond to a tap on the head or a touch (there are two touch sensors). If you blow in its face, it will quickly respond, just as it would respond if you clap your hands (though you may need to take the monkey off your finger to do so), cradle it, or dangle it upside down. That being said, as there are 50 various reactions and animations, so it would take some time to discover them all.
You can also cradle it so as to put the toy to sleep. Yes, it snores. To get a reaction and wake it up, just clap in its face.
These come in six different colors and, and that’s what their strategy is all about. The children will love them all, so they want to collect all six, even though the little monkeys cannot interact with each other.
The Fingerlings require four LR44 watch batteries, and this is what many people complained about. We know these batteries are not expensive (LR44’s can cause as little as $1.65 for eight), but they can be a real pain in the neck when it comes to replacing. And most people don’t have a supply of them lying around, so you might want to buy LR 44 batteries in bulk.
Where to buy these
In my opinion, the Fingerlings get the overall balance in terms of simplicity and interaction, and the product doesn’t come with a great price tag. Even when a monkey toy is doing nothing, it makes an irresistible beckoning with its tiny, open face. According to the manufacturer, their goal is to have customers buy six monkeys with six different colors and fill their fingers up. They also hope to add more colors and fill up more customers’ fingers.
There are six Fingerlings to collect:
- Mia (Purple) (Includes Bonus Stand); #1 Best Seller in
- Bella (Pink) (Includes Bonus Stand); available at $45.99; Get $50 off instantly: Pay $6.99 upon approval for the Amazon Rewards Visa Card
- Sophie (White) (Includes Bonus Stand); available at $59.00; Get $50 off instantly: Pay $9.00 upon approval for the Amazon Rewards Visa Card; only 6 left in stock, so order soon
- Boris (Blue) (Includes Bonus Stand); available at $52.95; Get $50 off instantly: Pay $2.95 upon approval for the Amazon Rewards Visa Card; only 1 left in stock, so order soon
- Finn (Black) (Includes Bonus Stand); available at $57.95; Get $50 off instantly: Pay $7.95 upon approval for the Amazon Rewards Visa Card; only 5 left in stock, so order soon
- Zoe (Turquoise) (Includes Bonus Stand); available at $54.99; Get $50 off instantly: Pay $4.99 upon approval for the Amazon Rewards Visa Card; only 16 left in stock – order soon
Also, later this year, they released special editions for partners including a Unicorn Fingerling (#1 New Release in , a Glitter Fingerling (currently unavailable), and a Sloth model (only 3 left in stock, so order soon) that will move 20% slower than standard Fingerlings.
However, there are sources claiming how these toys are a fraud and that counterfeiters are taking notice.It goes without saying the Fingerlings for sale have been very popular in the past few months. That said, some sellers are trying to pass fake ones off as real. Namely, according to the Sun, with demand outstripping supply this will lead to copy versions appearing in shops, markets, online stores and auction sites. So, if you are trying to buy a Fingerlings online, pay special attention where you are buying and at what price. Many counterfeiters are trying to take advantage of the toy’s popularity.
- Responsive and interactive
- Fits on a finger or in your pocket
- Very affordable
- Uses watch batteries
- Can be counterfeited
VALUEWALK is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program, whereby we earn a small percentage if you purchase an item (we have no idea who purchases what) Each of your purchases via our Amazon affiliation links supports quality journalism at no additional cost to you.