There are fresh new updates available for both the developer and public versions of the iOS 11 beta. iOS 11 beta 6 was released with iOS 11 public beta 5 hot on its heels. You may recall that it was only a week ago when Apple released the last builds of their beta. Either they are ramping up their update schedule as the full public release of iOS 11 grows closer this fall or there were some big bug fixes they wanted to make. Either way, this is great news for those of you who are running a beta version of iOS 11.
If you have already been using the developer beta profile then iOS 11 beta 6 should be available for update OTA. Same goes for public beta users. If you have already registered your device with the iOS beta program then iOS 11 public beta 5 should be available for download. But what do you do if you haven’t yet experienced iOS 11? The instructions are a little different whether you want to try the developer beta or the public beta so I will outline both below:
How To Get iOS 11 Beta 6
- Open Safari on your device and navigate to this link.
- Tap “iOS 11 (beta 6)” if your browser does not automatically redirect you.
- Tap “Install” when prompted. You may be asked several times. Just keep pressing “Install.”
- You will then be asked to reboot your device.
- After rebooting, go to the “Settings” app, then tap “General” and then tap “Software Update.” You should see iOS 11 developer beta as a download option. Download and install iOS 11 beta 6 just like any other iOS update.
How To Get iOS 11 Public Beta 5
- You will need to be on the latest version of iOS. Update through the settings app if you haven’t already.
- Register with the Apple Software Beta Program here.
- Once you are registered, using the same link above, click “Log In.”
- Accept the terms and conditions. Read them if you really want to.
- On the device that you want to register for the beta program, visit www.beta.apple.com/profile
- Sign in and then tap “Download Profile.”
- When prompted, tap “Install.”
- You’ll see a consent form. Tap “Install” again.
- Restart your device when prompted to install the profile.
- After restarting, you will be able to download and install iOS 11 public beta 5. Go to the “Settings” app, tap “General” and then tap “Software Update.”
That’s all there is to it! Whether you want to use iOS 11 beta 6 or iOS 11 public beta 5; it’s easy to get your device up and running on the newest version of iOS. Now you can enjoy all the new features baked into iOS 11. Control Center has been updated, Siri is smarter, Apple Maps is improved – and that’s just a taste of what’s inside iOS 11. You can check out our list of the best iOS 11 features here.
As with any beta program, there may be some bugs still present. Keep that in mind before you update. If you need your phone for business or you depend on it a lot throughout the day then you may want to hold off on upgrading to the beta. However, if you’re not worried about a small bug here or there then go for it and take the plunge! You can be up and running on iOS 11 long before any of your friends or family!