If you’re a regular user of Kodi Krypton, while it’s a great media management software, you know it has its imperfections. One of which is it sometimes frustratingly does not load content. Or when it does, the streaming/playback is less than gratifying, leading to a quick switch off and the hunt for other entertainment. Now, if that’s you, we’re going to show you how to clear the cache in Kodi, and hopefully, improve things.
No Clear The Catch Button
Unfortunately, there’s no quick fix for this, meaning we’re not going to direct you to a button titled “Clear Catch”. For whatever reason, the developers of Kodi Krypton have failed to include such an easy solution. However, thankfully, there is one way of doing it, but it does require some fiddling and an add-on installation. One that will give you an easy way to clear the cache and fingers crossed, experiencing less of those frustrating content stall moments.
Now, before you rush on ahead, we advise that, preferably someone with experience. That’s someone who is familiar with Kodi follow this tutorial. Why? By all means, have a go if that’s not you, but, you may be tripped up by the terminology used. And that’s something which a familiar person would not be. So it would be worthwhile having Google to hand, that way you can search for the terms, should you become confused.
How To Clear The Cache In Kodi Krypton
1. We have Kodi Krypton installed on an Amazon Fire Stick, but you can use this tutorial for any device. The first thing you need to do is power it on, and then find and launch File Manager.
2. When the file manager is ready, add the following repository http://fusion.tvaddons.ag/.
3. Now go to the Kodi main menu and select Add-ons, folowed by the top-left Box Icon.
4. In the next window, go to and click on Install From Zip File and then click Fusion from the next set of options.
5. Next, select the begin-here Folder.
6. Moving on, click the plugin.program.indigo-1.0.4.zip file. When done a new menu will appear depicting the plugin/add-on being downloaded.
7. When the download is completed, a notification will appear at the top of the screen saying “Add-on Enabled”. Go back to Kodi Krypton’s main menu, select Add-ons and then the Indigo add-on.
8. You should now have a little patience while Kodi initializes the add-on. When done, you will be presented with a list of options, click Cache Size, which also reads as Click To Clear.
9. You will now see confirmation box, click Clear The Cache to confirm the process.
And that is it, you have nothing more to do other than continuing to enjoy using Kodi Krypton and its array of delights. Fingers crossed, you see the additional benefits that we did when we learned how to clear the cache.
Do you have any help with this tutorial, or have questions? Please get in touch via the comments section below, and we will get back to you asap.