Popcorn Time is a multi-platform, free application created for the streaming of media, and features an integrated media player. The iOS 10 app provides a free alternative to subscription-based video streaming services such as Netflix. However, unlike the latter, it does not have a presence on the App Store. Why? Becuase it contravenes a whole host of Apple’s self-imposed regulations. Which means if you want to get it on your iOS 10 running iPhone, you will have to sideload it. Follow the instructions below to find out how.
Popcorn Time Sideloading Requirements
Now, before we begin, there are a few things you’re going to need before installing this much-loved media center. So, make sure you have everything on the below list before moving on.
1. Download the Popcorn Time for iOS IPA File to your computer. Make sure to place it somewhere that is memorable and easy to access.
Is there a link between intelligence, knowledge and successful investing? At first glance, it might appear as if there is. Wall Street is known for only hiring the best and brightest. However, some of the world’s most successful investors didn’t attend the world’s best universities and don’t claim to have a higher than average I.Q. Read More
2. Now you must download the very latest version of Cydia Impactor for your computers OS. The operating systems on offer are MacOS X, Windows, Linux 32-bit, and Linux 64-bit.
3. Unless you have the very latest version of iTunes running on your computer, update it.
How to Sideload Popcorn Time Onto iOS 10
The following tutorial will guide you through the installation process of the app so that you can enjoy hours of media streaming directly via your iPhone. However, during the process, you will be required to read and repeat some important steps. It is advised that you read each one individually, understand it, and then act upon it to avoid mistakes and issues.
1. Now that you have all the required files and updates connect your iOS 10 running iPhone to a MacOS X, Windows, or Linux computer.
2, Earlier you downloaded Cydia Impactor, find it and Run the exe.file.
3. With your device connected, Cydia will now detect it. Inside Cydia Select it from within the dropdown.
4. Previously, you were required to download and save the Popcorn Time IPA File. Now is the time to Find it and then drag it into the Cydia Window.
5. Next, you will be presented with a request to enter an Apple ID for a developer account. Now, you have the following choice. You can either enter a valid ID for a paid developer account. Doing so will mean the app’s certificate will last for 12 months. Alternatively, if you opt to use a free Apple ID, the license will last for 7-days only after which you will have to repeat this process.
If you require a free Apple ID, go id.apple.com and look for APP-SPECIFIC PASSWORDS, followed by clicking Generate Password.
6. When you have entered your Apple ID, Cydia will commence the process of sideloading the Popcorn Time app onto your iOS 10 device. At this point, we advise you to be patient, go to the toilet, make a drink, You Must leave Cydia to do its work.
7. On return to your device, you should discover that the Cydia has completed its task, meaning that the sideloading is complete. In fact, if you look, you will be able to see a Popcorn Time iCon on your Home screen. At this point, however, DO NOT attempt to run it. Instead, go to Settings –> General –> Profiles.
8. Having followed the above step, you will be able to see the Popcorn Time app profile. Select it and then Trust the Certificate.
And that’s it you now have a working version of the streaming app ready to use and enjoy on your iPhone. If you chose to go with a Free Apple ID, as mentioned earlier the license will run out after every 7-days. When this happens, come back to this tutorial and repeat the process from Step 4.
Have any questions? Please ask them using the comments section below and we will get back to your asap.
Image Source: Darren Wall, ValueWalk