Adam Rodman is the Founder, CIO and Portfolio Manager of Segra Capital Management which runs a global opportunistic hedge fund focused on thematic investments in the emerging and underfollowed markets. Before launching Segra in June 2013, Adam was a partner and senior investment committee member at Corriente Advisors. In 2014, Forbes Magazine picked him as one of the “30 under 30 in Finance”. Mark L. Hart III, Founder and CIO of Corriente Advisors, provided Segra’s initial seed capital. Segra is also supported by an advisory board of industry veterans and has best in class service providers.
“Fundamental Macro”: in layering a top-down approach over a fundamental bias, Adam follows a theme-based, fundamental and catalyst-driven research process incorporating bottoms-up security-level analysis coupled with thematic macro overlays. Investing long and short with cross-asset flexibility based on relative, cross-economy business and trade cycle dynamics, Segra aims to achieve absolute rates of return in various market environments. Rooted in his successful track record at Corriente is Adam’s contrarian bias where he attempts to capture contrarian pivot points, often by exploiting mispriced volatility. Historically, Segra Capital has maintained an equity and credit bias.
Adam Rodman, One Of Forbes’ “30 Under 30”: Contrarian In A Consensus World
In this Opalesque.TV BACKGROUND video, hear Rodman speak about:
- A Dinner with Consequences: How Adam Rodman met Mark Hart
- From investment banker to contrarian thinker
- Developing expertise in emerging and frontier markets
- “Whittling back several layers of the onion”: From policy changes to macro factors to investments
- Bringing a process-oriented investment approach to a discretionary strategy
- “Excited” about current investing environment for macro investors as more markets diverge
- Why did Adam set up shop in Dallas and not in NY, London or Hong Kong?
Adam Rodman is Founder, CIO and Portfolio Manager of Segra Capital. He was a Senior Analyst and later Partner and Member of the Investment Committee at Corriente Advisors. He started his career as an investment banking professional at Bank of America. Adam has a BA in Political Science, cum laude, from Amherst College.