Kynikos Associates founder Jim Chanos was on Squawk Box this morning to tell Europe that they are living in a fantasy world.
Marathon Partners Equity Management, the equity long/short hedge fund founded in 1997, added 8.03% in the second quarter of 2021. Q2 2021 hedge fund letters, conferences and more According to a copy of the hedge fund's second-quarter investor update, which ValueWalk has been able to review, the firm returned 3.24% net in April, 0.12% in Read More
- 0:43: Chanos points out that people take what his fund is saying too far, they don’t think China is going to collapse.
- 0:54: “China won’t save anyone but China”
- 2:08: Jim Chanos addressed the idea that Jim Cramer tweeted out saying Chinese funds may help Europe — the Chinese have funds already, “there’s not just some free pot of money waiting to be deployed.”
- 3:25: “The Chinese banking system isn’t read for this (a real estate bubble)… (3:39) it was never properly bailed out in the last 2 crises, just papered over.
- 4:30: The Chinese banking system should thank Greece and Italy for keeping the attention off of it.
Full video below:
H/T to BusinessInsider