If you’re an avid Kodi user then the app has probably become an essential “must-have” app on your iPhone or iPad. However, if you have updated to the iOS 11 beta or plan on updating to iOS 11 when the public release is pushed out soon, you may find that Kodi is no longer working on your iOS device. Don’t panic. Don’t throw your iPhone or iPad in the garbage. There is a way to make Kodi work on iOS 11.
First, let me explain the background of why Kodi may suddenly stop working on iOS 11. With iOS 11, Apple has discontinued support for 32-bit apps. In the new version of iOS, only 64-bit apps will work. Obviously, this is bad news for anyone running a 32-bit version of Kodi or, for that matter, any 32-bit app. Plus, if you have ever tried to fix a problem with Kodi before, you know that it is often easier said than done.
Luckily, this issue with Kodi is a pretty easy fix, even if you aren’t very technically inclined. All you have to do is download and install the 64-bit version of Kodi for iOS. If you already have Kodi running on your iOS device then you know how to do this. If you don’t have Kodi on your device, then the process is a little more difficult than installing a regular app from the app store. Kodi has an official Wiki that walks you through the process. However, there is one method they don’t mention that I believe is the easiest – especially if you don’t have a jailbroken device. Let me walk you through this easy method:
- Install Cydia Impactor on your computer
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer. If any programs automatically run, close them.
- Open Cydia Impactor. DO NOT run as administrator.
- Make sure your device is recognized by Cydia Impactor. You may have to select it from multiple devices if you have used Cydia Impactor with another iPhone or iPad before.
- Drag and drop the new 64-bit version of Kodi. You can get it here.
- Now Cydia will ask for your Apple ID and begin signing Kodi to install it on your device.
- That’s it!
That’s the best method if you don’t have a jailbroken device. We know that Saurik already has Cydia Impactor working with the iOS 11 beta so there’s a good chance that Cydia Impactor will also be working with the full version of iOS 11.
That’s all you need to get Kodi working with iOS 11! The process is a little more involved than updating your App Store apps but still pretty easy in the grand scheme of things. Happy watching!