It was not very long ago that Google redesigned its Android user interface adding what’s been called the “material design” look and feel, and it turns out that Android users where really happy with this change. Google didn’t do make the change because Android’s old design was ugly or didn’t work well. In fact it just felt that Android needed a new sleek and modern feel.
With the inclusion of material design Android has become arguably the best looking mobile platform available today.
A New YouTube Design
In November 2006 Google purchased YouTube for what was a huge fee of $1.65 billion US dollars and since that time the site has gone through structural changes, offers much more content than it did back then and also has become more commercial. However it has not really had a major makeover of its own like Android has.
Here’s some news, Google is actually testing a new YouTube design right now! With a release date thought to be sometime within the next few weeks, but you don’t have to wait to take a look at its new look. There is a way for you to peel back the veil and have a look right now and here is how!
How Do We Now?
Recently a Reddit user using Chrome managed to find the site with its new design (Which is still being tested by Google) obviously this created a storm on Reddit with some users claiming it’s a fake site. However, we can assure you that if you follow the instructions below; you will be among a certain privileged few, who have seen YouTube’s new “Material design” for real.
Follow these Instructions:
- Go to the US version of YouTube from within the Chrome browser http://www.youtube.com/?gl=US
- Navigate to the developer tools console, with keys that is (ctrl + shift + i)
- You will now need to delete the YouTube cookie which has been set. You can do this by going to the “Resources” tab and look for the VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE cookie and deleting it.
- You now need to define the cookie, this can be done by going to the “Console” tab look for the VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE cookie and then use the following command. document.cookie=”VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE=Qa1hUZu3gtk;path=/;domain=.youtube.com”;
- Now reload click the browser refresh button.
And that is that you should now be able to view YouTube with its new Material design, The images in this article are from our attempt at viewing this new design.