In an interview with Bloomberg’s Michael McKee, Stephanie Ruhle and Matthew Miller, Dallas Federal Reserve (Fed) President and CEO, Richard Fisher said:
- FOMC statement made policy more state-contingent.
- FOMC has ‘neutered’ the considerable period time term.
- We’ve given the markets too much Ritalin.
- We need to have a fiscal partner.
- I’m uncomfortable when Congress tells us what to do.
- If we wait until inflation shows up, it may be too late.
- Waiting too long to raise rates could force a recession.