ValueWalk Comments Policy
Comments are welcomed and encouraged on ValueWalk, and we like healthy debates. Therefore, to ward off the trolls there are instances where comments will be edited or deleted. We are a dictatorship and make our own rules. If you do not like it go to some pathetic website like Salon to cry about it in their comments section, and we are mostly not biased per independent experts. Below are some examples of problematic content.
- Comments deemed to be spam or possible spam will be deleted. Including a link to relevant content is permitted, but links should not be promotional. Comments with links are almost always auto-flagged.
- Comments containing language or concepts that could be deemed offensive will be deleted.
- Words with four letter curse words are auto flagged and decrease the chances of the comment being approved
- Comments that appear to violate Federal, New Jersey or New York law will be deleted.
- Comments that attack a person individually will be deleted.
- Comments are pre-screened via Disqus moderation tools. Review time from our staff can vary depending on the site-wide comment load, so please be patient — we will strive to get to all comments as quickly as possible. Please, do not resubmit the same comment or complain to the moderators assuming it has been deleted as that just adds needless comments to be processed.
- If a credible threat is made against an individual or group, not only may it be removed but it may be reported to law enforcement agencies and we will cooperate with them to any extent requested. Personally identifiable information should never be posted to the ValueWalk comments section for the privacy and protection of all community members. Any comments that contain this information may be deleted.
- Although we abide by the DMCA comments which potentially violate trademarks, patents, copyright or other law will be deleted
- Calling for the destruction and/or singling out of an entire nation or ethnic group is considered enticement to genocide and such comments will be deleted. Some (of many common examples include) Taiwan, Israel, Palestinians, The Baltic States and Ukraine.
- To ensure that comments meet these standards all comments must be in English
Readers who see any comments which violate the above principles are encouraged to flag the comment so our team can check it. On the other hand, readers who abuse the system will be banned forever.
ValueWalk reserves the right to edit or delete any comments submitted to this site without notice. If a user has repeatedly posted comments that have violated these ground rules, their comments may be blocked from appearing on the site and they may be permanently banned from commenting altogether.
ValueWalk has no obligation to explain to anyone why a comment was deleted or a user was banned.
ValueWalk in no way endorses any of the opinions or advice offered in the comments section.
This comment policy is subject to change at anytime.