Disney officially launched its much-anticipated streaming service, Disney+, earlier this week. The service boasts an enormous content library, including from films and shows from Marvel, Pixar, National Geographic, Lucasfilm and, of course, Disney’s own shows and movies. To help you view all the content, the company allows offline viewing as well. If you don’t know how to download Disney+ movies and shows for offline viewing, then don’t worry. We have detailed everything you need to know.
Everything you need to know about Disney+
With the launch of its streaming service, Disney has become the latest entrant in the increasingly competitive streaming space. The service is subscription-based and offers ad-free viewing at $6.99 a month or $69.99 per year. If you want to try it before committing, Disney is giving you the option to try it for a week for free. You can also get Disney+ free for a year if you have an unlimited data plan with Verizon Wireless.
Moreover, you can bundle it with the company’s other streaming services, such as ESPN+ and Hulu, by paying $12.99 per month. The streaming service is available on almost every platform and device: Android, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, PCs, Chromecast, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and LG and Samsung smart TVs.
Amid the turmoil in the public markets and the staggering macroeconomic environment, it should come as no surprise that the private markets are also struggling. In fact, there are some important links between private equity and the current economic environment. A closer look at PE reveals that the industry often serves as a leading indicator Read More
In addition to the expansive content library, Disney is preparing original content for its streaming service, including the Star Wars spin-off series The Mandalorian. The company has also announced several other new shows that will be released over the next couple of years. The company plans to release one episode per week of its original series.
Subscribers can use the time between new shows to watch the content that’s already available on Disney+, such as Toy Story, The Simpsons, Frozen and more.
How to download Disney+ movies for offline viewing
Downloading Disney+ movies and shows for offline viewing is an easy process and does not require much of your time. To download for offline viewing, you must have downloaded the Disney+ app and completed the sign-up. You must also be connected to a Wi-Fi network. If you are on a cellular connection, you will get an error message.
Before we explain the process, we sh0uld note that you can’t save films and shows to your computer, but you can do so on the iPhone, the iPad, and Android mobile apps. Here are the steps to download Disney+ movies for offline viewing:
- Launch the Disney+ app and select a movie to download. It could be from the homepage or from any place within the app.
- Tap the download button, which is an arrow pointing down.
- The movie will now start downloading. Once it starts, the download button will be replaced with a progress bar to help you track the progress.
- Once the download is complete, tap on the Downloads tab to see if the movie downloaded successfully. Here you will see all the movies and other content you saved from Disney+.
That’s it! You can now enjoy the movie by pressing the Play button on the film’s cover art. Alternatively, you can tap on the small phone-like icon with the checkmark on the right side in the middle. Tapping the icon will present you with several options, including Play.
How to download Disney+ shows
The steps to download Disney+ shows for offline viewing are almost the same as they are for movies. Here are the steps to download Disney+ shows:
- Launch the Disney+ app and select the series you wish to download.
- You have the option to download a full season or individual episodes. To download a single episode, tap on the download icon on the bottom right. To download the full season, tap on the download icon at the top right with the word “Season” written beside it.
- If you selected the option to download the full season, you will get a pop-up to confirm the number of episodes you want to install. Once you confirm your decision, the download will start.
That’s it! The download will now start, and the Download button icon will be replaced by a progress bar. Like with movies, you can tap the Downloads tab to see the shows you downloaded. Every episode you download, even if it is just one, will be grouped by series.
To watch the episode, either tap the Play button on top of the show’s cover art or tap the mobile-like icon in the middle.
How to delete downloaded movies and shows
To ensure that you have space for more content when you finish watching any movie or show, the Disney+ app will automatically display a pop-up once you reach the end. If somehow you missed deleting it then, you can always delete the downloaded movie or show from the Downloads tab. To do so, follow these steps:
- Tap on the Downloads tab and select the movie or show you want to delete.
- One way to delete is to swipe left on the listing and then tap the delete button, which is a trash icon. Once you tap delete, the movie or show will be deleted immediately.
- If you want to delete more than one show or movie in one go, tap on the “Edit” button in the top-right corner of the mobile app. Now check the box next to the films or shows you wish to delete. On the bottom, there will be a text bar showing the number of items you selected and the space that will be freed up by deleting the selected items. To delete, tap on the trash-like icon on the right side of the text bar.
You can use the same process to delete specific episodes from a series. To do this, you will have to select the series from the Downloads list and then follow the above process.