The 2019 Invest For Kids 11th Anniversary Conference which took place on October 30th at the Harris Theater in Chicago. Highlights of the coverage will be posted at this link and in our Q3 letters archive so stay tuned.
The Invest For Kids conference is the Chicago investment event of the year. The conference features presentations from an elite group of successful investment managers. These managers present their views and ideas in concise 15 minute presentations in an effort to help underprivileged kids in the Chicago area.
We also have some RobinHood coverage just up which you can check out here.
Carlson Capital's Double Black Diamond fund added 3.09% net of fees in the second quarter of 2021. Following this performance, the fund delivered a profit of 5.3% net of fees for the first half. Q2 2021 hedge fund letters, conferences and more According to a copy of the fund's half-year update, which ValueWalk has been Read More
2019 Invest for Kids Conference: Speaker List and Notes
- Equity Group Investments’ Sam Zell
See Sam Zell’s full coverage here: WeWork is a perfect example of a Greater Fool theory.
Sam was a beneficiary of a unique relationship with Jay Pritzker. Same benefited immensely from that and have tried to do the same for others. Jay was the master of risk, Sam’s focus on risk during his career…it’s where investment begins and ends.
We do have a lot of liquidity now, that doesn’t necessarily mean there’s a low risk connection. For example there’s no money going into the oil patch now, boom then bust in the investment cycle. Not a ton of money going to drill right now. Buying a stream of oil today at 15-16% yields, it’s hard to believe you’ll do wrong but not many folks out there doing that now.
See the rest of our coverage on Zell and others right here
- Anchorage Capital Group’s Kevin Ulrich
- Ariel Investment’s Rupal J. Bhansali auto idea, ROIC accounting discussion
- Uncharted LLC’s Cruce Heyman
- Light Street’s Jay Kahn long short pitch
- Uptake Technologies’ Brad Keywell
- Paulson Institute’s Hank Paulson
- Bitkraft Sports Ventures’ Scott Rupp long esports equity
- Prosper’s Ron Suber
- Vinik Asset Management’s Jeffrey N. Vinik industry discussion, long 2 stocks
- Tensile Capital Management’s Arthur Young
- Driehaus Capital Management’s Michael Caldwell
- GrizzlyRock Capital’s Kyle Mowery