The popular perception tends to be that silicon valley tech employees are big supporters of Andrew Yang, but the survey says otherwise.
- Andrew Yang consistently states that his “friends in Silicon Valley” support UBI. Our data shows this is not true for the majority of tech workers.
- Only 44% are worried that tech automation will cause an employment crisis
- 43% of Silicon Valley tech employees are worried that AI technology will be a threat to employment – surprisingly same as the overall result.
- 35% of Silicon Valley tech employees agreed that UBI could be the solution to job loss due to tech automation.
- Out of the professionals who believe AI is not a threat, 75.9% said that UBI won’t save the country and 24.1% said UBI would save the country from job loss.
- But even professionals who believe AI is a threat, 54% said that UBI won’t save the country while 46% said it would save the country.
- LinkedIn and Facebook employees had the highest support for UBI, with 47.3% and 46.7% answering ‘Yes’ respectively.
- Oracle and Apple are the least supportive of UBI with 16.2% and 24.39% answering ‘Yes’ respectively.
Mott Capital Management 4Q20 Commentary
Mott Capital Management commentary for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2020. Q4 2020 hedge fund letters, conferences and more We survived and flourished in 2020. That is the good news. For the year, the Mott Capital Management Thematic Growth Composite climbed by 25.4% net of fees and transaction costs, easily beating the S&P 500 Read More
Q1. Will tech automation and AI cause an employment crisis?
Q2. Can Universal Basic Income save the country from job loss due to tech automation and AI?
- The survey ran from 6/24/2019 – 6/27/2019
*Companies with over 30 responses
Conversations on Blind about Andrew Yang: Politics: 1000 Yangbucks Per Month
“He’s the only candidate who provides actual solutions and not the “same ole BS.” He won’t win, but I hope the other Dems adopt some of his policies.” – LinkedIn employee
“He needs to close the border first if he wants BI to work” – E-trade employee
“His venture for America was a complete failure and his policies are literally the most simple thing you can do to destroy and bankrupt the economy.” – Twitter employee
“He is smart enough to cause tremendous damage to the tech industry of United States. Other countries like China and India wouldn’t wait for us on the road to the 4th industrial revolution. God bless America!” – Microsoft employee