Sohn San Francisco Investment ConferenceThe Excellence in Investing for Children’s Causes Foundation will be hosting its 9th Annual Sohn San Francisco Investment Conference on the October 29th, 2019. We will be updating this post as the conference goes on so make sure come back and check it out a great cause and great line up. You can find the list of speakers and the schedule for the conference below.
Please note we are told that seats are still available as of 10/26/18 Friday 2PM EST if you want to attend or just support an amazing charity please click right here
We would like to thank the Excellence in Investing team for giving us a media pass last minute and being so helpful.
Talk of inflation has been swirling for some time amid all the stimulus that's been pouring into the market and the soaring debt levels in the U.S. The Federal Reserve has said that any inflation that does occur will be temporary, but one hedge fund macro trader says there are plenty of reasons not to Read More
See our coverage of the 2018 Sohn Conference here.
Sohn San Francisco Investment Conference Speakers
- Mayor London N. Breed, Mayor of the City and County of San Francisco
- Alex Gleser, Portfolio Manager, TPG Public Equity Partners
- Glen Kacher, President and Chief Investment Officer, Light Street Capital
- Mick McGuire, Founder and Managing Partner, Marcato Capital Management
- Dan Morehead, Chief Executive Officer, Pantera Capital/Chairman, Bitstamp
- Kevin Oram, Co-Founder and Co-Portfolio Manager, Praesidium Investment Management Company, LLC
- Jeff Osher, CFA, Portfolio Manager, No Street Capital
- Andrew Parmentier, Partner, Chief Strategy Officer, and Head of Thematic Investing, Highland Capital Management, L.P.
- Shashin Shah, Founder and Portfolio Manager, Think Investments
- Jeff Shen, PhD, Managing Director, Co-CIO of Active Equity and Co-Head of Systematic Active Equity, BlackRock
- Gil Simon, Chief Investment Officer and Managing Partner, SoMa Equity Partners
Sohn San Francisco Investment Conference Next Wave Emerging Manager Speakers
- Vineer Bhansali, PhD, Founder and CIO, Long Tail Alpha
- Marcelo Desio, CFA, Portfolio Manager, Lucha Capital Management L.P.
- Daniel Kozlowski, Founder and CIO, Plaisance Capital, LLC
- Franklin Parlamis, Chief Investment Officer, Aequim Alternative Investments
In addition to the main conference program, Next Wave Sohn San Francisco features the most promising emerging leaders in the global financial industry, who present their best investment ideas in the distinguished format of The Sohn Investment Conference.
Sohn San Francisco Investment Conference Schedule
11:30 am - Registration Opens
Hyatt Regency, 2nd Floor
Badge pick-up will be available for pre-registered attendees. Limited on-site registration may be available.
11:30 am - 12:30 pm - Networking & Buffet Lunch
Hyatt Regency San Francisco, 5 Embarcadero Center
12:30 pm - 2:00 pm - Next Wave Sohn San Francisco
Speakers: Daniel Kozlowski, Franklin Parlamis, Marcelo Desio, CFA, Vineer Bhansali, Ph.D.
Short presentations and general discussions by a panel of talented emerging managers.
2:30 pm - 6:00 pm - Sohn Conference General Session
Speakers: Michael McLochlin, Mayor London N. Breed, Alex Gleser, Kevin Oram, Shashin Shah, Glen Kacher, Jeff Shen, Dan Morehead, Gil Simon, Mick McGuire, Jeff Osher
Eminent investors, academicians, and other thought leaders share their investment ideas and market outlook in a series of intimate twenty minute presentations.
6:00 pm - 7:30 pm - Cocktail Reception
Lounge CityView Room
A lively networking session with speakers and attendees. Appetizers and drinks available.
The Sohn San Francisco Investment Conference event has Donated $1.4 Million to Bay Area Organizations That Support Underserved Youth and Pediatric Cancer Research and Treatment
The Sohn Conference Foundation is pleased to announce that Mayor London N. Breed will address the 9th Annual Sohn San Francisco Investment Conference alongside leading investors. Sohn San Francisco gathers the most successful investors to present their best investment ideas in order to raise funds to support non-profit organizations.
The Sohn San Francisco Investment Conference, in partnership with CNBC and presented by Excellence in Investing for Children’s Causes Foundation, will be held at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco on October 29, 2018.
“Sohn San Francisco offers a unique perspective on high-tech innovation for leading investors in the hedge fund industry,” said Evan Sohn, Vice President and Co-founder of The Sohn Conference Foundation. “The growing success of the Sohn Investment Conferences has enabled the Foundation to benefit children’s causes and scientific research all around the world.”
In 2017 the Conference raised $300,000 to benefit Alive & Free, Generation Citizen Meritus College Fund and the Sohn Conference Investment Foundation.
For more information on Sohn– including the current agenda and confirmed speaker faculty to date – please visit http://www.sohnsf.org.