Artists, Actors, Producers Send Letter to FCC, DHHS & Dept. of Ed. Demanding Wifi Radiation Safety Guidelines & Fact Sheets for Consumers
Los Angeles – Today, a group of hollywood actors and producers along with advocacy organizations and artists sent a letter to the heads of the FCC, DHHS and Department of Education asking for a federal warning about exposure to wireless radiation from wifi just like the city of Berkeley’s Right To Know Ordinance for cell phones as well as federal public health fact sheets about ways to reduce exposure to wireless radiation, particularly for children in schools. The letter was written by Sabine El Gemayel, producer of the film GENERATION ZAPPED.
What does value investing really mean? Q1 2021 hedge fund letters, conferences and more Some investors might argue value investing means buying stocks trading at a discount to net asset value or book value. This is the sort of value investing Benjamin Graham pioneered in the early 1920s and 1930s. Other investors might argue value Read More
The list of signers includes:
- Actress Amy Smart
- Actress Claudia Black
- Actress Sarah Clark
- Actress Camille Cooper
- Singer Laura Dawn
- Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.
- Jolie Jones (Quincy Jones’ daughter)
- Anna Getty
- Laura Turner-Seydell
- Author Naomi Wolf
- Author Richard Greene
- NYC Tech Entrepreneur & Nigerian Presidential Candidate Chike Ukaegbu
- Center for Environmental Health
- Environmental Media Association
- California Brain Tumor Association
- Peter Sullivan, Founder of Clear Light Ventures
“Most people are addicted to wireless devices,” said letter author Sabine El Gemayel. “With the upcoming 5G Network and Internet of Things, it is urgent to implement measures to protect our citizens and the next generation now.”
The letter points out the facts that:
- Wireless technology was not tested for safety before going into the consumer marketplace including schools and nurseries
- There is no system in place to recall the technology when dangers are obvious
- Organizations have issued their own warnings:
- World Health Organization (WHO) classified wireless radiation as a Group 2B carcinogen
- Governments including France and Israel about WiFi in schools
- In alignment with California’s Prop 65, the City of Berkeley requires retailers to have a warning sign at the point of sale for cell phones
- California Department of Public Health issued a public health fact sheet, "How to Reduce Exposure to Radiofrequency Energy from Cell Phones" in December 2017; it indicates “Children may be more at risk for harm from exposure to RF energy”.
- In June 2018, the WHO defined the diagnosis Gaming Disorderin the International Classification of Disease. This brings the diagnosis into mainstream medicine where insurance companies will now be expected to pay for prevention and treatment.
In September, more than 180 scientists and doctors from 35 countries recommended a moratorium on the roll-out of 5G, for telecommunication until potential hazards for human health and the environment have been fully investigated by scientists independent from industry. They argue that 5G will substantially increase exposure to radiofrequency electromagnetic fields (RF-EMF) on top of the 2G, 3G, 4G, and wifi for telecommunications already in place. Their letter goes on to say RF-EMF has been proven to be harmful for humans and the environment.
You can read that letter here.
The award winning documentary GENERATION ZAPPED that discusses this topic was released on DVD this month on iTunes, Amazon, Google Play, Vimeo, Vudu, Xbox, and Steam. The film investigates the dangers of daily exposure to wireless technologies – including the devastating effects on our health from infertility to cancer – and suggests ways to reduce overexposure.
A petition was also started on Care2 here.