Whitney Tilson’s latest webinar announcements from an email entitled:Webinars July 23-Aug. 4; links to slides and videos for webinars on How to Raise $1 Billion (or not) and Lessons from 15 Years of Short Selling; Want to Run a High-Flying Hedge Fund? Don’t Be a Cheapskate
To our readers Pease use “VW10” for a discount!
Baupost's investment process involves "never-ending" gleaning of facts to help support investment ideas Seth Klarman writes in his end-of-year letter to investors. In the letter, a copy of which ValueWalk has been able to review, the value investor describes the Baupost Group's process to identify ideas and answer the most critical questions about its potential Read More
In less than four weeks, from July 23-August 1, we are going to teach via live webinar our Lessons from the Trenches investing bootcamp, followed by our seminar on How to Launch and Build an Investment Fund from August 2-4.
Rather than the full days we teach when we’re doing it in person, we’re breaking the two programs into 12 modules – 9 for the bootcamp and 3 for the seminar – that we will teach in 2½-hour sessions that will take place live every day from 7:00-9:30am NY time (no class Sunday, July 29).
The webinar offers big advantages for participants:
- No need to take time off of work: The webinar is only 2½ hours/day and takes place before work hours for those in the U.S., Canada & Latin America, and after work hours for most of Asia (India, China, Singapore, Australia). (Europeans will need to carve out time in the middle of the day.)
- No need to travel: Anyone, anywhere in the world, can take the webinar using a smartphone, tablet or computer
- More affordable: Participants won’t incur any travel or hotels costs and, because we don’t have to pay for renting a room, providing meals, etc., we’re pricing the webinar at less than half of our normal tuition, with an especially big discount for early registrants
You can register at: www.cvent.com/d/dgqdlz/4W. Don’t delay as the tuition goes up soon!
Pease use “VW10” for a discount!
Please see attached for more details (also posted at: www.tilsonfunds.com/KaseWebinars.pdf) and let me know if you have any questions.
2) We hosted two free webinars on Tuesday and yesterday:
- How to Raise $1 Billion (or not); the slides are posted at: www.tilsonfunds.com/KaseRaiseBillion.pdf and the video is here: https://youtu.be/5aHRsEZw88k
- Lessons from 15 Years of Short Selling; the slides are posted at: www.tilsonfunds.com/KaseShortingLessons.pdf and the video is here: https://youtu.be/Qyhvg1qCny0
We also taught another free webinar a couple of weeks ago:
- An Introduction to Value Investing; the slides are posted at www.tilsonfunds.com/KaseLearning-IntroValueInvesting.pdf and the video is here: https://youtu.be/P3g-pXaj8yA
3) A Wall St. Journal reporter sat in on our day-long seminar on How to Launch and Build an Investment Fund a week and a half ago and wrote this nice article (below), which was in yesterday’s paper. Excerpt: