A lot of people have enjoyed using the iOS 11 beta. However, as stable as it may be, it’s not without a few bugs here and there. For example, some users were having issues with accessing the App Store. If you use your iPhone as your daily driver and you need it to be ready to go at all times then a few bugs in iOS 11 may be unacceptable. Luckily, there is a way to downgrade iOS 11 beta back to iOS 10.
Have An Archived Backup
When you downgrade iOS 11 beta to iOS 10, having an archived backup will make the process easy and allow you to keep all of your information and settings. Obviously you want to do this before upgrading to the iOS 11 beta. Backup your device in iTunes and then right click on the backup file and select “archive.” This quick process will make it easy to downgrade iOS 11 beta.
Unfortunately you will have to wait this out. Luckily, the full version of iOS 11 should be right around the corner and most bugs should be ironed out very soon. Stay patient.
How To Downgrade iOS 11 Beta
- Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes on your Mac or PC.
- Plug your iPhone or iPad into your computer and put it into recovery mode. To do this, non-iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus users will have to hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Keep holding the buttons until the iTunes logo appears. If you have an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus then you will do the same thing but hold down Sleep/Wake and the volume down button at the same time.
- A window will pop up on your computer with some options. You want to select “Restore.”
- iTunes will ask you if you are sure that you want to do this. You will have to select “Restore and Update” to confirm. Then, iTunes will ask if you want to set up the device as a new device or if you want to restore from a backup. We want to select the most recent iOS 10 backup.
- That’s all there is to it!
If iOS 11 wasn’t for you then hopefully you created a backup of your device while you were running on iOS 10. Choosing to downgrade iOS 11 beta is easy with a recent backup. Without a backup then, unfortunately, you will have to wait it out until the full public release of iOS 11 is available. Hopefully the bugs will be fixed for you by then.