WordPress website maintenance is a crucial task for improving your site’s credibility and visibility in the online world. By not diligently maintaining your site, you could face issues like sluggish page speed, poor ranking, low traffic and CTRs. Thus, if you want to avoid these issues as well as any penalties from Google, then it is important that you actively maintain your website on a regular basis.
What do I mean by maintain? Or Better yet. What does maintaining a website involves?
Well, there are a number of things that are involved in maintaining a website. However, rather than running helter-skelter and implementing all the website maintenance practices that you come across on the Internet, here is an infographic that has listed down the tried and tested website maintenance tips that will assist you in improving your site’s functionality and performance.
Further, to give you a glimpse, here are Top 11 wordpress website maintenance tasks that you need to undertake.
1. Regularly monitor your site’s security for any threats like malware, spam or viruses as well as check and fix any loopholes that make your site vulnerable.
2. Take a daily Backup of your entire website as well as database. This will ensure that your site is up and running in no time, in the event of hacking or if your system crashes.
3. Test your site’s compatibility with different devices such as mobiles, laptops, tablets, etc. As well as check its compatibility with varied browsing platforms.
4. Large images can affect your site’s speed. Thus, make sure to always optimize your images before uploading them to your website.
5. Update your WordPress Plugins & Themes, in order to improve your site’s speed and load time. Also, eliminate unnecessary WordPress Plugins and Themes, in order to free up your database as well as to tighten your site’s security.
6. Broken links can also affect your site’s credibility. Thus, it important that you check and fix dead links immediately, to avoid higher bounce rate and penalties from Google.
7. Update website’s content on a regular basis to improve user engagement and to drive targeted traffic to your website.
8. Delete Spam comments to improve website’s performance and to clear up database space. Likewise, clear up your website’s trash frequently.
9. Check your site’s download links as well as social media links to avoid higher bounce rate.
10. Monitor on-page SEO to ensure that your site is user as well as search engine friendly. Also, make sure to use only white-hat SEO tactics to avoid hurting your site’s ranking.
11. Remove redundant Media Files to clear up unnecessary clutter from your website and to optimize your site’s storage space.
These are just but a few of the important wordpress website maintenance tasks that you need to undertake. However, there is much more that you need to accomplish and thus, check out this infographic that consists of 50+ website maintenance best practices and implement them now to improve your site’s overall performance and functionality.
WordPress Website Maintenance Checklist (Infographic) – 50+ Essential Tips & Practices by the team at bigrockcoupon.in