One way to gauge the success of a business is how is it able to remain on top of their competition. Though a business may enjoy higher profit by being a sole provider, but without the threat of being outperformed by other brands, it might never realize its full potential to develop and provide products and services to their market.
Having no competition means little to no room for the growth of your business. Competition, though quite stressful most of the time, can, in fact, make your business a lot better – and stronger.
In summary, here are the key takeaways from the infographic below from Business Coaches Sydney which tells us the reason why competition is crucial in making your business more successful today.
Southpoint Capital Returns 28.6% In 2020 Thanks To Recovery Bets Like Uber [Exclusive]
Long/short equity fund Southpoint Capital returned 14.7% in the fourth quarter of 2020, and 28.6% for 2020 as a whole, that's according to a copy of the firm's annual letter to investors, which ValueWalk has been able to review. Q4 2020 hedge fund letters, conferences and more This return compared to a 12.1% gain in Read More
- It differentiates your brand. With similar products being offered to your target market, you are prompted to develop offerings that deliver great and unique value to set your brand apart from the other players in the market.
- Boost your Customer Service. Having competitors provide you the time to analyze your customer service level, so you can adjust and optimize your service delivery strategy more effectively.
- Innovates Your Business. Being in a competitive market means you must constantly innovate or you’ll face defeat from the hands of your competitors.
- It Reveals Your Business Strengths and Weaknesses. Competition prompts you to look at your business more holistically, allowing you to spot and work on areas which need improvement.
- You Learn New Things from Your Competitors. Competitors are a great source of new ideas and techniques which you can tweak to fit your business.
- Take Advantage of Industry Trends. Strong competition means that there is a strong demand for the product and service you are trying to sell. You can then develop or improve your business depending on what the demand dictates to your niche.
- Prepares You for the Future. Having competitors means that you are always on your toes, ready to grab any new ideas that can make your business better.
- Prioritizes Customer Needs. It makes your business customer-centric, allowing you to build better and stronger relationship with your customers.
To know how competition makes your business stronger, check the visual guide below.