Bill Ackman, David Einhorn, and Jeff Gundlach are among the distinguished investors that will speak at the upcoming 22nd Annual Sohn Investment Conference. Taking place May 8, 2017 at Lincoln Center in New York City, the conference will once again rally the global financial community to support the fight against pediatric cancer.
ValueWalk will be covering the event as usual so stay tuned by signing up for our newsletter
Crispin Odey is preparing for inflation with a new fund
In a presentation for the Odey Inflation Fund, which was reviewed by ValueWalk, Crispin Odey's team made a case for how to protect yourself from inflation and discussed why gold isn't the best protection and how important it is to prepare for inflation in your portfolio. Q3 2020 hedge fund letters, conferences and more Protecting Read More
2016 Hedge Fund Letters
Please see the full speaker lineup below.
WORLD’S MOST DISTINGUISHED INVESTORS TO REVEAL NEW IDEAS
AT 22nd ANNUAL SOHN INVESTMENT CONFERENCE
Globally-renowned conference raises millions for the treatment and cure of pediatric cancer
New York, NY – March 23, 2017 – The Sohn Conference Foundation, in partnership with CNBC, today announced the speaker lineup for its 22nd Annual Sohn Investment Conference and 4th Annual Next Wave Sohn, to be held May 8, 2017 at Lincoln Center in New York City. Recognized worldwide as the original and premier investment idea conference, the Sohn Investment Conference gathers the global financial industry for a highly-anticipated day of fresh market picks with the mission of raising funds for pediatric cancer and other childhood diseases. Since its inception in 1995, the Sohn Conference Foundation has raised more than $75 million.
“The Sohn Investment Conference pioneered the model of convening the most brilliant investing minds to share market-moving investment picks for a worthy cause, and this year’s lineup continues that legacy,” said Douglas Hirsch, Co-Chair of the Sohn Conference Foundation. “Since our first Conference 22 years ago, the generosity of the financial community has funded groundbreaking research initiatives and treatment programs that are changing the lives of children battling cancer worldwide.”
“We are excited to once again partner with The Sohn Conference Foundation for this important event, which raises money for a very worthy cause,” said Nikhil Deogun, SVP and Editor in Chief of CNBC Business News. “As the world leader in business news, we have the unique ability to increase the impact of the Sohn Conference in the investment community around the world, while serving our viewers with exclusive access to this news-making event.”
The speaker lineup for the 22nd Annual Sohn Investment Conference:
- William A. Ackman, CEO and Portfolio Manager, Pershing Square Capital Management, L.P.
- Tal Ben-Shahar, Author, Lecturer, and Chief Learning Officer, Potentialife
- David Einhorn, President, Greenlight Capital, Inc.
- Debra Fine, Founder and President, Fine Capital Partners, L.P.
- Brad Gerstner, Founder and CEO, Altimeter Capital
- Jeffrey Gundlach, Chief Executive Officer and Chief Investment Officer, DoubleLine Capital LP
- Keith Meister, Managing Partner and Chief Investment Officer, Corvex Management LP
- Chamath Palihapitiya, Founder and CEO, Social Capital LP
- Josh Resnick, Founder and Managing Partner, Jericho Capital Asset Management L.P.
- Clifton S. Robbins, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Blue Harbour Group, L.P.
- Larry Robbins, Founder, Portfolio Manager and CEO, Glenview Capital Management LLC
- Davide Serra, Founder and CEO, Algebris Investments LLP
- Kevin Warsh, Shepard Family Distinguished Visiting Fellow in Economics at the Hoover Institution and Lecturer, Stanford Graduate School of Business
The Conference will also feature a special appearance from Jeff Gordon, four-time NASCAR Cup Series Champion and founder of the Jeff Gordon Children’s Foundation, who will be honored by the Sohn Conference Foundation for his longstanding commitment to fighting pediatric cancer and other childhood diseases.
In addition to the flagship afternoon program, this year’s conference will feature the 4th Annual Next Wave Sohn, sponsored by Bank of America Merrill Lynch. Next Wave Sohn features the most promising emerging leaders in the global financial industry, who present their best investment ideas in the distinguished format of the Sohn Investment Conference. Conference attendees are welcome to RSVP for Next Wave Sohn at no additional cost, and there will also be a limited quantity of tickets available for attending only Next Wave Sohn.
“Next Wave Sohn gives the stage to the leaders of the most thoughtful new launches in the hedge fund industry, allowing their best actionable investment ideas to benefit a critical cause,” said Graham Duncan, Board Member of the Sohn Conference Foundation and Co-Chair of Next Wave Sohn. “Our high-caliber speakers over the last four years have provided significant value to Sohn attendees and made Next Wave Sohn a must-attend event, and this year’s outstanding lineup will build on that reputation.”
The speaker lineup for the 4th Annual Next Wave Sohn:
- David Copley, Managing Director and Chief Investment Officer, Trafalgar Copley Ltd
- Jack Franke, Co-Founder and Managing Partner, Blockhouse Capital Management LP
- Mark Moore, Founder and Managing Partner, ThornTree Capital Partners LP
- Neal Nathani, Chief Executive Officer, Managing Partner and Portfolio Manager, Totem Point Management, LLC
- Li Ran, Founder and Portfolio Manager, Half Sky Capital Ltd
- David Thomas, Managing Partner and Chief Investment Officer, Atalan Capital Partners, LP
For more information about the Sohn Investment Conference, visit http://www.sohnconference.org.