Apple is expected to release upgraded MacBook Pro this year, and according to Ming-Chi Kuo of KGI Securities, the 15-inch model will feature Intel’s Kaby Lake processors and 32GB of RAM. MacRumors was the first to post the details from the note.
Did Apple cap the MacBook Pro at 16GB?
Apple will reportedly begin producing the new 12-inch MacBooks in the second quarter and the new 13-inch and 15-inch version in the early part of the third quarter. In the last quarter, it will reportedly begin mass production of the new 15-inch MacBook which will feature 32GB of memory. Kup said it will be “the most significantly redesigned product this year.”
It is not known if the last computer will fall into the Pro lineup or just have the MacBook nomenclature, notes The Verge. Kuo predicts that all new laptops will run on Intel’s Kaby Lake processor, and this doesn’t come as a surprise. Last fall, Apple released MacBook Pros that run on Intel’s 2015 Skylake processors.
Qualivian Investment Partners performance update for the month ended July 31, 2022. Q2 2022 hedge fund letters, conferences and more Dear Friends of the Fund, Please find our July 2022 performance report below for your review. Qualivian reached its four year track record in December 2021. We are actively weighing investment proposals. Starting in November Read More
Kuo claims that the new 15-inch MacBook Pro model will adopt desktop memory in an effort to satisfy high-end users. Earlier this year, Phil Schiller explained that the MacBook Pro was capped at 16GB of RAM to help preserve the battery life, says 9to5 Mac.
Whenever Apple is close to releasing new products, there are plenty of rumors, and hence, all these notes should be taken with a grain of salt. However, Kuo is known to be more reliable when it comes to Apple products.
What about the other Mac lineup?
Kuo expects growth in Mac shipments in 2017. He believes demand for the new Touch Bar MacBook Pro is “better than expected” and that the production issues which slowed the performance of the 2016 models are resolved now. Reportedly, the 13-inch MacBook Pro without the Touch Bar has performed worse than Apple had expected. For this reason, Kuo says the company will make an effort to improve shipments by cutting the price.
Kuo offered no information regarding the rest of the Mac lineup, such as Apple’s desktop offerings. Earlier reports claimed that Apple plans a spec bump and support for USB-C for the iMac this year. It is expected that this spec bump will come around the same time when Apple refreshes the 12-inch MacBook, but nothing can be said with surety as of now, notes 9to5 Mac.