The much-awaited iOS 10.2 jailbreak is finally out! Luca Todesco and Marco Grassi have released the iOS 10.2 jailbreak tool Yalu102 to the public. The jailbreak is still in beta stage. It means you should expect some bugs, performance-related issues, and compatibility issues. Therefore, only developers are recommended to jailbreak iOS 10.2 using Yalu102, at least for now.
The jailbreak tool still has limitations
The jailbreak works with only select 64-bit devices. There is no 32-bit support. It supports the iPhone 6S, 6S Plus, iPhone SE, and iPad Pro, though Todesco plans to add support for other devices shortly. The jailbreak won’t work with the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus.
Since it’s a semi-untethered jailbreak, you have to re-jailbreak your iPhone or iPad every time you reboot. Fortunately, re-jailbreaking is pretty easy and simple.
ValueWalk's Raul Panganiban interviews Joseph Cioffi, Author of Credit Chronometer and Partner at Davis + Gilbert where he is Chair of the Insolvency, Creditor’s Rights & Financial Products Practice Group. In the interview, we discuss the findings of the 3rd Annual report. Q2 2021 hedge fund letters, conferences and more The following is a computer Read More
iOS 10.2 jailbreak tutorial
Here’s the step-by-step guide to jailbreak iOS 10.2 with Yalu and Cydia Impactor:
- Take a complete backup of your iPhone or iPad using iCloud or iTunes
- Download the Yalu102 jailbreak IPA file to your Windows or Mac computer using this link
- Download Cydia Impactor using this link
- If you are on a Mac, double click to open the Impactor dmg file. If you are on Windows, right click on the Impactor zip file to extract the archive
- Launch Cydia Impactor on your computer. (Don’t run it as administrator)
- When prompted to confirm, click Open (Mac) or Run (Windows)
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to the computer using a USB or Lightning cable. Select Trust (Mac) or Continue (Windows) when prompted
- Drag and drop the Yalu102 IPA file to Cydia Impactor
- Now enter your free or developer Apple ID and password. If you don’t already have one, register for a free Apple ID using this link. The credentials are needed to sign the IPA file
- Cydia will install the Yalu102 jailbreak app on your iPhone or iPad
- Once the app is installed, disconnect your device from the computer
- Go to Settings > General > Profiles and Device Management. Select your email, hit Trust and Trust again on the popup
- Now go to home screen and launch the Yalu102 app. You may get a prompt saying the app might slow down the device, tap on OK and then tap on Go in the center of the screen.
- You will also get a Storage Almost Full prompt before the Cydia app shows up on the home screen.
How to re-jailbreak iOS 10.2
You have just jailbroken your device. But remember that every time you reboot the device, you have to put it in jailbreak mode again. Here’s how to do it:
- After coming back from a power down or full reboot, tap on the Yalu102 app
- You’ll get a prompt saying the app might slow down your device. It’s not something to worry about. Tap OK and then Go
- The app shows a Storage Almost Full alert, dismiss it. Your device will respring and Cydia will appear on the home screen
The re-jailbreak process does not cause the loss of any settings, data, or tweaks that you might have installed.