America Funnest Cities Orlando and Las Vegas top list – interesting study
With the upcoming fall season bringing cooler weather to enjoy more activities indoors and out, the personal-finance website WalletHub took a close look at 2016’s Most Fun Cities in America.
To help Americans find the cities with the greatest number and variety of cheap, fun activities, WalletHub’s number crunchers compared the 150 largest cities across 51 key metrics, ranging from “number of fitness clubs per capita” to “movie costs” to “average open hours of breweries.”
Seth Klarman: Investing Is Art First, Craft Second And Science Third
America Funnest Cities Best vs. Worst
- Scottsdale, Ariz., has the most public golf courses per 100,000 residents, 12.97, which is 90 times more than in New York, the city with the fewest, 0.14.
- Orlando, Fla., has the most restaurants per 1,000 residents, 12.56, which is 11 times more than in Santa Clarita, Calif., the city with the fewest, 1.18.
- San Francisco has the highest percentage of the population with walkable park access, 98.0 percent, which is 3.5 times higher than in Charlotte, N.C., the city with the lowest, 27.8 percent.
- Madison, Wis., has the most park playgrounds per 100,000 residents, 72.96, which is 155 times more than in San Bernardino, Calif., the city with the lowest, 0.47.
- San Francisco has the most performing-arts theaters per 100,000 residents, 101.68, which is 26 times more than in Brownsville, Texas, the city with the fewest, 3.89.
- Scottsdale, Ariz., has the most fitness centers per 100,000 residents, 228.17, which is 20 times more than in Newark, N.J., the city with the fewest, 11.48.
- Honolulu has the most festivals per 100,000 residents, 41.72, which is 131 times more than in Corpus Christi, Texas, the city with the lowest, 0.32.
- Orlando, Fla., has the most bars per 100,000 residents, 215.81, which is 31 times more than in Fontana, Calif., the city with the fewest, 6.95.
- Las Vegas has the most clubs per 100,000 residents, 23.60, which is 70 times more than in Anchorage, Alaska, the city with the fewest, 0.34.
- Albuquerque, N.M., has the lowest average beer price per six pack, $6.65, which is 2 times lower than in Chicago and Aurora, Ill., the cities with the highest, $14.04.
- Corpus Christi, Texas, the lowest movie costs, $8.47, which is 2 times lower than in Vancouver, Wash., the city with the highest, $15.09.