Thanks to the new watchOS 3, the Apple Watch is not only more elegant than it has ever been but also about seven times faster than it was before. Add to that an impressive new user interface and many new user-friendly features, and the Apple Watch is a much more impressive device.
watchOS 3 and a New Watch Face
If you are an Apple Watch user, then you may be aware that it is a little awkward to change the Watch Face due to the size of the display. WatchOS 3 puts this right by allowing the Watch Face to be set up via a paired iPhone. However, we must note that as it stands, watchOS 3 is only in beta, so there could be stability issues. Also you will need to have a developer account to install it. Plus, and this is as important as the last part, your paired iPhone should be running iOS 10, and that is also currently in beta.
If you don’t have iOS 10, you can install it onto your iPhone 5 or newer, whether or not you have a developer account. However, I should warn you that installing beta versions of Apple software on your iPhone could cause issues with your device.
How to Get a New Watch Face in watchOS 3
So here’s how to change the Watch Face in watchOS 3 whenever you want to.
1. Start the Watch app on your iPhone.
2. By default, the Mu Watch tab is already selected, and the new Watch Faces that have been included in the new OS are under My Faces. You can now scroll through the available Faces and choose one.
3. After choosing a new Watch Face, tap on it to select it.
4. On the next screen, you will be able to customize your chosen Watch Face. You can choose to display the date at the bottom and also choose from different colors.
5. Next, tap on “Set as current Watch Face.”
All you have to do is tap and hold on the Apple Watch display, and then swipe left and right to see extra available options. Next, you need to tap the face you like and customize it and then set it up.
And that’s it. You’re done!
If you have used watchOS 3 yet, what do you think? Is it the huge improvement that I think it is? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.