Many iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch users get the error 1671 in iTunes while updating or restoring their devices. There are a variety of reasons that can cause the error. For instance, your operating system might be outdated or you have the outdated version of iTunes. Other reasons include an outdated or invalid anti-virus, anti-virus infected by viruses, or you have too many USB controllers connected to your computer. Fortunately, there are ways to fix error 1671 in iTunes.
The simple and easy ways
The easiest way is to make sure that you have the latest version of software:
- Update iTunes to the latest version.
- Ensure that your computer has the latest version of the OS.
- Check if your iTunes version is compatible with your iOS device.
- Update the anti-virus and run a full system scan to get rid of any viruses.
- Unplug unnecessary USB cables.
- Make sure that your iOS device is connected to a compatible USB port
If none of this works, there is another way to fix error 1671. This method not only fixes error 1671, but also many other issues related to iTunes. Here’s how to perform it:
- To reset the system, hold down on the on/off button and Home button simultaneously for about 10 seconds. Now you’ll see the Apple logo on the screen.
- You’ll also see the “Slide to power off” text. Just ignore it.
- Your device should get rid of the error without losing any apps, music or data.
A slightly complicated way to fix error 1671
If this method didn’t work for you, here’s another one: you have to restore it, which is a lengthier process than a quick reset.
- Connect your iOS device to the computer using a USB cable
- From the iTunes, select your device (iPad/iPod) and then select the Summary tab
- Now follow on-screen directions for Restore
- When prompted, select “yes” to back up your data
- The Restore process starts now. It may take about an hour
- When the Restore finishes, you’ll be asked if you want the backup files to be copied on your device. Say ‘yes.’
It should fix error 1671 in iTunes. Though the above step is complicated, it gives you the desired result.