Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL)’s upcoming iPhone 6 has created a lot of buzz. And latest reports suggest that the tech giant may use LiquidMetal along with sapphire glass to provide rigidity to the iPhone 6. Yesterday, Apple won a patent for a unique construction process that involves sapphire glass and LiquidMetal. The new patent was granted just a week after the iPhone maker renewed its exclusive rights to LiquidMetal in electronic products into 2015.
LiquidMetal to stabilize sapphire displays in the iPhone 6
LiquidMetal looks like a metal in liquid form, but it moves like molten plastic, reports Fox News. It has never been used in consumer products. But Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) is highly likely to use this technology in the iPhone 6 and other future devices because it stabilizes the sapphire displays, which is necessary. If LiquidMetal and sapphire glass are used in combination, your iPhone display will remain safe even if you accidentally drop the device.
Abacab Fund Sees Mispricing In Options As Black-Scholes Has Become “Inadequate”
Abacab Asset Management's flagship investment fund, the Abacab Fund, had a "very strong" 2020, returning 25.9% net, that's according to a copy of the firm's year-end letter to investors, which ValueWalk has been able to review. Commenting on the investment environment last year, the fund manager noted that, due to the accelerated adoption of many Read More
Another report is doing rounds that the iPhone 6 is set to be launched on September 19, which falls on Friday. German carrier Deutsche Telekom has notified its officials that the next iPhone will hit the stores on September 19, says German website Apfelpage. Since 2011, Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) has been releasing its new iPhones on a Friday in September.
Germany has traditionally been the first iPhone launch window, so we can expect that the iPhone 6 is extremely likely to reach the U.S. stores on the same date. Earlier this month, we reported that Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) has restricted its retail store staff in Germany from taking any leaves in September. That lends some credibility to the September 19 release date.
On Monday, KGI Securities analyst Ming Chi Kuo said in a research note that Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) will embed the Touch ID fingerprint sensor technology to all new iDevices coming this year, including the iPhone 6. That will increase the fingerprint recognition module shipments from 36 million in 2013 to 120 million this year, and 233 million in 2015.
Foxconn and Pegatron to produce the iPhone 6
The iPhone 6 is expected to come in two size variants, with 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch displays. A fresh supply chain report states that Pegatron Corporation (TPE:4938) will be shipping 30% of the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 model. The remaining 70% will be produced by Foxconn Technology Co Ltd (TPE:2354). Foxconn will be the sole supplier of the big-screen 5.5-inch iPhone 6 variant. It is expected to start shipping the 4.7-inch model in July, and the 5.5-inch model in August 2014. Since Foxconn and Pegatron will be busy producing the new models, Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) has outsourced the production of all existing 4-inch iPhones to Winston, which has been responsible for the iPhone 5C production.
Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) shares inched up 0.18% to $626.75 in pre-market trading Wednesday.