Recap of the past week’s U.S. economic releases:
- New home sales sunk 13.4% in July to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of only 394k. That rate is 6.8% higher than the same month a year ago.
- The Chicago Fed National Activity Index was a reading of -0.15 in July. That is up slightly from June but is still below its historical trend.
- The FHFA house price index was up 7.7% year over year in June.
- The Kansas City Fed manufacturing survey was a reading of +8 in August, indicating expansion at a faster rate than in July.
- The unemployment rate was up in 9 states year over year in July.
- Initial jobless claims for the week increased slightly to 336k but remain low. The insured unemployment rate was unchanged from the week prior at 2.3%.
- Both weekly store sales indexes were unchanged from their week-ago readings of up 2.4% Y/Y (4 week MA) and up 3.4% Y/Y (4 week MA).
The U.S. economic schedule for the week ahead:
Carlson Capital's Black Diamond Arbitrage Partners fund added 1.3% net fees in the first quarter of 2021, according to a copy of the firm's March 2021 investor update, which ValueWalk has been able to review. Q1 2021 hedge fund letters, conferences and more At the end of the quarter, merger arbitrage investments represented 89% of Read More
Monday, August 26, 2013
Tuesday, August 27, 2013
- Consumer Confidence – Last 80.3.
- S&P Case-Shiller House Price Index – Last up 12.4% Y/Y.
- Richmond Fed Manufacturing Survey – Last -11.
- Weekly Store Sales
Wednesday, August 28, 2013
Thursday, August 29, 2013
- Gross Domestic Product – Last SAAR +1.68%.
- Weekly Initial Jobless Claims
Friday, August 30, 2013
- Personal Income and Outlays – Last up 0.6% Y/Y, up 2.0% Y/Y.
- Chicago PMI – Last 52.3.
- Consumer Sentiment – Last 80.0