Martin Luther King, Jr. born January 15, 1929 was an American clergyman, activist, and leader in the African-American Civil Rights Movement. Martin Luther King Jr. is well known for his part in the advancement of civil rights using nonviolent civil disobedience.
Below is a creative infograhphic with some interesting quotes of Martin Luther King Jr. following it:
Odey Discusses Howard Marks’ Astute Observation On Why Hedge Fund Alpha Is Increasingly Rare [January Letter]
According to a copy of the firm's January investor update which ValueWalk has been able to review, the Odey Asset Management Odey Special Situations Fund returned 7.7% in January, outperforming its benchmark, the MSCI World USD Index, by 8.7%. Q4 2020 hedge fund letters, conferences and more The $60 million fund, which Adrian Courtenay manages, Read More
This attractive infographic creates an image of Martin Luther King Jr. by using words that describe him and his civil rights work.
Here are 10 best quotes of Martin Luther King Jr.:
1) Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
2) In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
3) Only in the darkness can you see the stars.
4) Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree.
5) We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools.
6) Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed.
7) History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people.
8) On some positions, cowardice asks the question, is it expedient? And then expedience comes along and asks the question, is it politic? Vanity asks the question, is it popular? Conscience asks the question, is it right?
There comes a time when one must take the position that is neither safe nor politic nor popular, but he must do it because conscience tells him it is right.
9) Science investigates; religion interprets. Science gives man knowledge, which is power; religion gives man wisdom, which is control. Science deals mainly with facts; religion deals mainly with values. The two are not rivals
10) As my sufferings mounted I soon realized that there were two ways in which I could respond to my situation — either to react with bitterness or seek to transform the suffering into a creative force. I decided to follow the latter course.